Ophelia

Started by J70, October 12, 2017, 03:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2017, 04:46:30 PM
The auld fella used to talk about Debby all the time. Haystacks flying off over the hill, bridges being washed away and so on.
Debbie does Dungloe.

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 04:46:22 PM
Aye the wife and kids are over joyed!! I'm traveling to Dublin tomorrow, surely it will have passed by then? I thought it was to be gone by 10 tonight!

it is going to be windy for the rest of the week, but more your normal wind.

I imagine schools remain closed as some roads will be blocked with trees etc and other schools will have no power.
They probably could have opened the city schools no problem, but then you'd have a whine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on October 16, 2017, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 16, 2017, 03:38:11 PM
Some serious damage being done in Meath and Dublin. Loads of trees down and lots of places with no electricity. Fairly howling it outside now

and now this

Sky News‏
@SkyNewsIE

Kite Surfers in Dundalk threaten to make complaints about Emergency service personnel for stopping them Kite Surf in Ophelia.

A good slap and a toe in the arse is the way to handle that complaint.  Attention seeking gobshites.

A golf club.would put manners on them...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 16, 2017, 05:47:32 PM
Aye the wife and kids are over joyed!! I'm traveling to Dublin tomorrow, surely it will have passed by then? I thought it was to be gone by 10 tonight!

I imagine schools remain closed as some roads will be blocked with trees etc and other schools will have no power.
They probably could have opened the city schools no problem, but then you'd have a whine.

I don't live in the city kids and wife don't go to city schools so all good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Power just back here, at least for the moment. Was out for 5 hours or so.  Was hairy enough there for a while, a lot of fences and shed roofs damaged, but no major stuff here. A lot of trees down alright, but i actually think the storm of 2014 was probably as bad or worse.

JimStynes

Was it really necessary to close the schools today? Saying that, I won't complain about getting a few days off.

AZOffaly

Quote from: JimStynes on October 16, 2017, 06:47:08 PM
Was it really necessary to close the schools today? Saying that, I won't complain about getting a few days off.

Down here yes. It would have been very dangerous for anyone out in that, let alone School buses on country roads.

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 06:40:42 PM

:o SW man?

Boycey

Much ado about nothing here in Mid Monaghan.. thankfully

I closed up the business about 3PM, not cause I felt we needed to but that everyone else on the street had closed and didn't think I'd have anyone in. Have re-opened now in the hope that we'll have a few strays in as I know our competitors up the street won't be opening again tonight :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on October 16, 2017, 06:49:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2017, 06:40:42 PM

:o SW man?

EA now I suppose!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

GJL

I have broken wind that was more dangerous.

Syferus

Three people died, lads.

ONeill

Electric just back on now. Was out 3 hours or so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

.....and it's off again. Bastids. Wasting more matches.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.