Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Cringey seeing Neville on Sunday, drumming on about Glazers being at fault for defeat vs B'mth.

What the F does the ownership have to do with a players ability to try?

Armagh18

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2023, 03:08:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2023, 02:50:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2023, 12:11:17 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 13, 2023, 11:20:18 AMAll set up for a United win at Anfield on Sunday!!!  Nothing to lose,  pressure off,  all pressure on LFC we table toppers...United will take great pleasure in being party poopers!!

In both games last year, the form team coming in lost. The OT game at the start of the season, days after United were hammered at Brentford, relaunched Rashford. And United went to Anfield with one defeat in 11 games, just won the LC and knocked Barcelona out in Europe, while Liverpool were hopelessly inconsistent.

That's right. United had 2 bad defeats in their first 2 games then beat Liverpool unexpectedly. The Anfield game United had been flying as you say, they were fairly competitive in the first half but Liverpool took their chances and went in 2 nil up as far as I remember, then United just collapsed completely second half

It was 1-0 at half time after an even first half(Gapko scored a couple of minutes before the break), but Liverpool scored twice in the first few minutes of the second to kill the game. United lost their heads and shape completely after the second goal.
Ah thought it was 2 by half time. Remember it being fairly close in the first half. Couldn't watch most of the second lol.

Captain Scarlet

Just looking at the current squad and all the money spend on wages alone. There is no hunger, and not enough lads coming into their prime.
Casemiro showed he was up for it, but with all the miles on the clock dropped off massively and is crocked. Both himself and Eriksen's class covered up a lot last year. Then you lump in lads like Varane who was class but is injured too often.

So 3 lads in the twilight who still had quality have dropped off massively or are just never fit.

Amrabat seems to have lead in his boots. He gets ran passed so often. Garnacho's wondegoal means he is starting despite losing the ball soooo often.

Rashford isn't arsed. Sancho and Antony seem like tools, Antony is not good enough, Martial never really was

McTomminay tries hard and can be useful but is not a 100% starter but a good squad player. Maguire actually showed some spirit, but so few ever do.

Every other Top 6 club is getting in lads who are keen and will try. Lads who want to step up, whereas United they go to sit still and reap the riches.

Why would any serious talent want to go near United now bar for cash and a handy life. The managers are always a mudguard too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 13, 2023, 03:05:46 PMSo the Glazers can't be credited when they win trophies, but are to blame when they don't?

The Glazers worth and usefulness has been seen since Alex Ferguson and David Gill departed over 10 years ago, not within an asses roar of challenging for major honour never mind winning one. Klopp in comparison has "done just fine" because it's a well ran club he's managing. Might not get his first choice signings all the time but each signing is done with proper recruitment and each player fits the right profile with no silly wages. Competent people in charge such as Michael Edwards compared to Ed Woodward makes a world of difference.

As for Sunday. United don't make themselves hard to score against and majority of goals conceded come from their own errors. Liverpool with their pressing game feeds off errors and clinical against teams that makes errors against them. It should be a minimum 3 or 4-0 win for Liverpool anything else will be a big surprise.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 13, 2023, 11:20:18 AMAll set up for a United win at Anfield on Sunday!!!  Nothing to lose,  pressure off,  all pressure on LFC we table toppers...United will take great pleasure in being party poopers!!

Jesus, Liverpool supporters are a mad breed!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Jeepers Creepers

Van De beek away to Frankfurt on loan with option to buy. Must be like waking up from a bad dream for some of these players leaving away from Utd.

Armagh18

Another waste of clothes.

Square Ball

Not looking forward to the game today, 7/1 says it all, if we get beat at least get beat with a bit of fight, passion and pride in the shirt.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

7/1 is a joke, but I suppose it shows where the money is going.

jcpen

I think it will be a draw.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Armagh18

7-1 is both the betting and the likely scoreline

snoopdog

This is the worst United team in my 40 odd years following them. I expect nothing less than a hiding today. I'd be surprised if they score less than 4 to be honest. Our so called captain took a  booking last week so he wouldn't be at anfield today. That is how poisonous the squad is. 

Jeepers Creepers

Utd's  midfield today is Mainoo, McTominay(Capt) & Amrabat

Armagh18

Quote from: snoopdog on December 17, 2023, 03:21:28 PMThis is the worst United team in my 40 odd years following them. I expect nothing less than a hiding today. I'd be surprised if they score less than 4 to be honest. Our so called captain took a  booking last week so he wouldn't be at anfield today. That is how poisonous the squad is. 
Would have him roaded for that tbh. Hopefully they can keep scoreline respectable.

jcpen

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 17, 2023, 03:38:15 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on December 17, 2023, 03:21:28 PMThis is the worst United team in my 40 odd years following them. I expect nothing less than a hiding today. I'd be surprised if they score less than 4 to be honest. Our so called captain took a  booking last week so he wouldn't be at anfield today. That is how poisonous the squad is. 
Would have him roaded for that tbh. Hopefully they can keep scoreline respectable.
Stop would you.
This is one of my 3 usernames.