FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Back on the topic of Ireland, seen Chris Colemans name mentioned.  Maybe not a bad shout?  Did I read his dad is/was irish

JPGJOHNNYG

I would take Chris Coleman a million times ahead of Neil Lennon ffs

An Watcher

Don't know what to make of lennon.  Good originally with celtic then brutal

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: dec on January 24, 2024, 02:50:32 PMRoy Keane: Former Man Utd captain says Republic of Ireland job would 'appeal' to him

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68074065

Roy Keane said managing the Republic of Ireland would "appeal" to him as the former Manchester United captain spoke about possibly returning to management.
The Republic are in the process of finding a new boss following Stephen Kenny's exit in November.

Keane, 52, was part of Martin O'Neill's Republic coaching team between 2013 and 2018.
"International football, I enjoyed it when I was a coach," Keane said on the Stick to Football
YouTube show.
"I liked the dynamics of it where you're not in every day and it's not about bringing players in and dealing with the board every week or the academy. Yeah, that [international football] does appeal."
Keane, who has not managed since leaving Ipswich in 2011, added: "I did enjoy the dynamics when I was coaching with Martin with the Irish team.
"We had a little bit of success and when you've had a bit of success then it's brilliant, but obviously there are disappointments.
"So yeah, that could be an option." ...

Lol, I listened to that podcast. They were talking to Frank Lampard (and Stevie G), basically about how it would be hard for them to get a route back to management and gently 'suggesting' that Lampard look at ambassador roles etc.
It was raised as a hypothetical point to Keane... not a full time position etc... and he dodged the question once, but then conceded that yes, it would be appealing.
They literally laughed that - That will be the headline now - "Keane says RoI job would appeal to him"
FFS 'journos' have no shame
Hasta la victoria siempre

imtommygunn

It has become a shitty profession tbh and you can see why sports people interview the way they do. If they say anything which can be remotely construed as controversial whether in context or not then a journalist will jump on it. They're not all like that tbf but the number of ones who aren't are getting fewer and further between.

Captain Scarlet

What is happening with the manager situation?!
Given saying no in terms of Carsley, but others who might have more insider knowledge of the FAI say its being sorted behind closed doors.

New sponsor and manager could be in place for the Belgium match...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Shamrock Shore

Word on the street is that Chris Coleman is the new manager.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Colemans father is from Dublin. That's the only positive thing I can think about in this appointment.

An Watcher

Honestly think it's a better appt than lennon or poyet for that matter.  Much more international experience.  Not as good as carsley but who else is there

Capt Pat

It appears that the FAI have no money so they are finding it tough to pin down a decent candidate.

Itchy

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2024, 10:00:04 PMIt appears that the FAI have no money so they are finding it tough to pin down a decent candidate.

Yep, spent it on the suits and pints for John Delaney

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2024, 10:19:59 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on February 19, 2024, 10:00:04 PMIt appears that the FAI have no money so they are finding it tough to pin down a decent candidate.

Yep, spent it on the suits and pints for John Delaney
There are still loads of managers out of work . It is a very volatile profession. Just look at Gerrard in Saudi. 4 months without a win .
They don't earn money if they are not working. So it might appeal to someone who wants to relaunch his career who thinks he has something to work with. If nobody sees the potential then it will be much harder.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Scarlet

Just bumping this up again...
Dean Smith or even Graham Potter?
It's a month before the friendlies so surely that's a deadline...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.