Ulster Bank

Started by TopofthePops, June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopofthePops

Was made aware of a few friends locals that the Ulster Bank is giving out free money! I know of 1 or 2 people going to bank machines using their Ulster Bank card to take out thousands of pounds!

I'm thinking these transactions are bound to be traced and are bound to be updated, eventually leaving all these guys outa pocket.

What do u think...have any of u's heard of this?? Crazyy...

Tonto

If they weren't able to trace it then why do you think they would have money in the cash machines?!

Theres a glitch with the system currently stopping it from updating, but when it does those people will have to pay back whatever money they have overdrawn.

TopofthePops

Aye it'll come back to haunt them surely, there's a couple of hundred running around Armagh cleanin the place out. Short lived...they're screwed!

imtommygunn

Ulster bank are currently having computer issues from what I hear.

Few ones talking about how they've been paid the last few days but the money hasn't come through.

I'd say it'll be traced alright but may take a few days.

Tony Baloney

Queues at bank machines in Armagh? Does these people not realise the banks will be wanting their money back?!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2012, 07:11:24 PM
Massive queues at bank machines in Armagh! Does these people not realise the banks will be wanting their money back?!

There'll be a few with sores heads tomorrow I would imagine. Stories of people taking out over £10k. Madness

Gazzler

Massive queues at bank machines in Armagh! Does these people not realise the banks will be wanting their money back?!

Could cause a riot,sure what's stopping the fella at the top of the queue cleaning the atm out on his own?
People could get ratty if they aren't getting a turn.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 22, 2012, 07:14:18 PM

There'll be a few with sores heads tomorrow I would imagine. Stories of people taking out over £10k. Madness
Some craic when it is spent and the bank wants it back. It is theft no matter what way you cut it.

imtommygunn

There was a glitch with a machine in belfast last year where if you asked for 40 it would give you 50 out and it was never accounted for. This went on for ~6 months.

I didn't take any out as it was at a workplace however it did happen and there was never any comeback on it.

Gazzler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2012, 07:15:58 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on June 22, 2012, 07:14:18 PM

Some craic when it is spent and the bank wants it back. It is theft no matter what way you cut it.

A few years ago I got a extras months wages in my salary one month,got payed twice.
Never said anything to anyone and it was never said to me.Is that stealing too?
I agree with you about the bank though those fools will have to pay the money back no matter what.

Tony Baloney

Still a few days to pay day. Might head in myself!  ;)

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2012, 08:07:05 PM
Still a few days to pay day. Might head in myself!  ;)
You'd only waste it on Wine, chocolate and Pringles
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

el_cuervo_fc

The huirs have cleaned every bank machine in the town. I'll have to go into the bank tomorrow to get money out FFS.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TopofthePops on June 22, 2012, 05:06:42 PM
Was made aware of a few friends locals that the Ulster Bank is giving out free money! I know of 1 or 2 people going to bank machines using their Ulster Bank card to take out thousands of pounds!

I'm thinking these transactions are bound to be traced and are bound to be updated, eventually leaving all these guys outa pocket.

What do u think...have any of u's heard of this?? Crazyy...
I never heard of anything so stupid in my life.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rufus T Firefly

There are queues everywhere. From what I can gather, people will request so much and then multiples of that is being paid out. When people request a receipt, it is showing what was originally requested and not the actual amount taken out. I'm not Ulster Bank myself, but got caught up in all of this - took me ages to get £20 out, but a fella at the head of the queue was showing everyone his receipt and the multiples of cash.   ;D