Michael Hughes R.I.P.

Started by Mayo4Sam, December 17, 2007, 07:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

An inquiry has begun into why the main suspect in a murder in Dublin at the weekend was not admitted to hospital after seeking mental health assistance.

The 24-year-old man presented himself at St James's Hospital on two separate occasions and once at St Vincents' Hospital.

He has since become the main suspect in the murder of Michael Hughes, who was stabbed to death in Harold's Cross at the weekend.

AdvertisementMr Hughes, 27, from Banagher in Co Offaly, was attacked in the corridor of the apartment complex and stabbed up to 80 times.

He was only in Dublin for one night last Friday for a friend's engagement party and was due to stay with his cousin in an apartment in Manor Villas in Harold's Cross. He knew the code and was able to access the apartment block but could not get into the apartment.

At around 6.30am on Saturday morning he was attacked in the corridor and stabbed with a garden shears.

The man who was subsequently arrested told gardaĆ­ he had 'just killed the devil'. He remains under guard and receiving treatment at St James's Hospital.

He was arrested outside the apartment block and the murder weapon was recovered.

Mike was a good friend of mine, he stayed with me a month ago and told me of his engagement and how he was building a house with his fiance. To see him killed like this makes me sick to my stomach, they said on the news he was stabbed 80 times. Why was this guy not accepted in the hosiptal?
This government has blood on its hands and in particular Mary Harney.

We'll miss u mike

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

magickingdom

words are inadequate when you read something like that, what a nightmare. no one knows what that family are going through right now,  may he rest in peace...

mannix

How tragic is that?
Condolenses to all involved.

Bud Wiser

Another tragedy of the highest proportions and an awful event for the people in his home town not to mention his family.

It is also one more reason for the resignation of the entire board of the Health Executive and for a complete new structure for the management of all hospitals to be put in place.  Right now, as you are reading this there are some of these fat cats out wining and dining on their 150K Euro salaries that do not even recognize the consequences of their inept ability to even manage any one hospital in the country correctly.

I posted a fairly serious complaint about Portlaoise hospital on another thread and I have had several articles printed in the Leinster Express, Independent and on RTE.  Last Sunday my daughter got a serious viral thing and at 1am on Sunday morning I rang for an ambulance and there was none.  I got her into the jeep and drove her to the hospital.  Ambualnces were arriving with people who were well able to walk, in one case with a passenger in the front like a taxi.  The discharged my daughter at 7am and said they would send a doctor to the house because they had no beds.

Then a nurse arrived and said she had to put my daughter on a serious drip that had to be administered over an hour and a half.  She had no drip[ stand.  She proceeded to hang the drip out of the light in the sitting room.  Then she began her texting and ringing from her mobile phone and forgot to put the choke on the drip line.  All the drug went straight into my daughters arm in about one minute and nearly killed her.

My views on the HSE are well known, they are a f**king disgrace and the entourage taht arrived at my house last Monday morning were being driven by a dedicated driver who sat outside reading a paper.  I could write a book on the HSE.

R.I.P. Michael Hughes.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

balladmaker

My God, I'm very sorry to hear about this.  It's sickening that something like this can happen in this day and age and sickening how society seems to accept it as well.

It's time for Bertie to standup and be counted and get the health system sorted, f**king scandalous.  Mary Harney and the rest of the government should hang their heads in shame.

May he rest in peace.

hoopsaaa

RIP - very very sad. We should never take a minute of our existence for granted.