Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2019, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 21, 2019, 09:49:46 AM
Can he weasel out of this one now...?
Will 30 GOP senators vote against him?

It won't happen, sadly.

I wouldn't bet against another 4 years of the great orange man baby.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Ambrose on November 21, 2019, 01:16:32 PM

It won't happen, sadly.

It's a distinct possibility. Betting odds:

Trump: 26/19 (about 1.3/1)
Warren: 7/1
Biden: 7/1
Sanders: 10/1

tyroneman

Much like the UK there is just no credible challenger to the incumbents.

johnnycool

Quote from: Ambrose on November 21, 2019, 01:16:32 PM

It won't happen, sadly.

Trump never said a truer thing that he could shot someone on 5th Avenue and it wouldn't impact on his base vote.

4 more years it is if his mental health could hold out in the meantime.  :o

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

whitey

The best book written about Trump (and his incompetence) is "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis.  It confirmed everything I've suspected from day one.

https://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Risk-Michael-Lewis/dp/1324002646

On another note was no one else alarmed by the fact that Fiona Hill had been given a copy of the (fake) Steele Dossier by a Clinton Insider before it was out in public

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailycaller.com/2019/11/21/fiona-hill-steele-dossier

dec

J70

Quote from: dec on December 19, 2019, 01:41:55 AM
Trump has been impeached

Wake me up in four years when this nightmare is over. :(

Denn Forever

What are the dems. thinking. Yes, gotta have all the evidence and run Biden maybe.  Oh and with a rep. senate.  Maybe it'll work.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 19, 2019, 11:06:00 AM
What are the dems. thinking. Yes, gotta have all the evidence and run Biden maybe.  Oh and with a rep. senate.  Maybe it'll work.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lurganblue

It's getting lively over in yank land...

"Donald Trump has become the third US president in history to be impeached by the House of Representatives, setting up a trial in the Senate that will decide whether he remains in office.

The House voted on two charges - that the president had abused his power and that he had obstructed Congress.

Nearly all Democrats voted for the charges and every Republican against.

President Trump's Republicans control the Senate so it is highly unlikely he will be removed from power.

Democrats are already unhappy at the way the trial could be held. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has now indicated it might delay sending the articles of impeachment to the Senate, in order to bargain on the terms of the proceedings.
"

whitey

Can you imagine, if under a Republican President, Hillary's campaign has been surveilled using fraudulent wiretaps, drummed up by FBI agents and attorneys who by their own admission (via texts) said they would do everything in their power to defeat her candidacy?

joemamas

Average person couldn't give a shi*e.
In any event, next September something like 46% on each side have their mind made up which way they are voting.
The remaining 6-8% will ultimately decide the out come.
Economy is booming, unemployment at 3.5% lowest since 1969, an incumbent has never lost with the unemployment rate at current levels, a lot of the undecided folks may just say, why change especially in light of current Democratic line up. Personally I would consider voting for Biden, who I think is a decent human being, but I cringe when I see him in debates.

HiMucker

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2019, 02:11:42 PM
Can you imagine, if under a Republican President, Hillary's campaign has been surveilled using fraudulent wiretaps, drummed up by FBI agents and attorneys who by their own admission (via texts) said they would do everything in their power to defeat her candidacy?
Here but you didn't vote for him , and sure hes a democrat anyway according to you. So why are democrats after one of their own and why are the republicans supporting him? Bit weird no?

whitey

Quote from: HiMucker on December 19, 2019, 03:44:42 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2019, 02:11:42 PM
Here but you didn't vote for him , and sure hes a democrat anyway according to you. So why are democrats after one of their own and why are the republicans supporting him? Bit weird no?

Just pointing out the rank hypocrisy.  The Democrats seem to light their hair on fire at the slightest affront, but this is the real scandal.....THIS is bigger than Watergate

I don't think I ever said he was a Democrat....others have said that, but to the best of my knowledge I have never used that spin