Killers/Kasabian at Tennents Vital day 2

Started by hectorsheroes, June 19, 2007, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hectorsheroes

Oh what eclectic tastes you have Mack, your obviously way ahead of mere mortals like us who God forbid like commercial music! Shame on us for not being with the 70's retro afro celt sound

Mack the finger

Of course lads.
Forgive me for not liking Kasabian, Killers, Snowplay or ColdPatrol.
I shall dash into the nearest Pop pickers emporium and remedy the situation pronto. ::)

laceer

i hope kasabian are on before killers-the killers new stuff is brutal.so is most of their old stuff come to think of it..mr brightside is quality though

Mack the finger

Quote from: laceer on June 20, 2007, 09:31:45 AM
i hope kasabian are on before killers-the killers new stuff is brutal.so is most of their old stuff come to think of it..mr brightside is quality though

Be careful Laceer. Some very defensive people around here. Don't take too kindly to the slagging of the oul indie rock n roll.

laceer

Quote from: Mack the finger on June 20, 2007, 09:39:10 AM

Be careful Laceer. Some very defensive people around here. Don't take too kindly to the slagging of the oul indie rock n roll.

am a big fan of "the oul indie rock n roll" myself mack!!

just think the killers are rank!!

enjoy oasis,zutons,stone roses,ian brown

PrivatePile

Stranworst

Can't wait for Mark Ronson myself, Kasabian are class and I suppose the Killers are alright if you like that sort of thing Hitzelsperger!!

Went last year to Snow Patrol and caught the end of the Editors, was bucketing down with rain but got blocked so was good scraic.

Just hope the police don't continue with their rough hand tactics they employed last year!  ;)

Mack the finger

Mack the finger

Quote from: laceer on June 20, 2007, 09:42:33 AM

am a big fan of "the oul indie rock n roll" myself mack!!

just think the killers are rank!!

enjoy oasis,zutons,stone roses,ian brown

Roses were the band alright.

nifan

I dont consider the killers to be indie rock.

Mack the finger

Quote from: nifan on June 20, 2007, 11:10:05 AM

Ok.
What would you consider them then NIfan?

laceer

Quote from: nifan on June 20, 2007, 11:10:05 AM

neither do I..liked the killers when they first came out,much the same as razorlight and the kaiser chiefs.all three have slowly gone down in my estimation..America was a terrible song.kaisers songs are all drunken shouting matches...RUBY RUBY RUBY RUBY????? What? ::)

nifan

Quote from: Mack the finger on June 20, 2007, 11:13:48 AM
Ok.

Dunno - what would you class u2 as? Pop/rock?

I dont think theres a definitive classification system - to me they dont = indie anyway

Mack the finger

Quote from: nifan on June 20, 2007, 11:45:43 AM
Quote from: Mack the finger on June 20, 2007, 11:13:48 AM
Ok.

Dunno - what would you class u2 as? Pop/rock?

I dont think theres a definitive classification system - to me they dont = indie anyway

Fair enough. Don't they have a song about indie Rock n' roll though? Wonder who they were referring to.

Don't think there is a definitive classification to music anyway - apart from the generic terms such as Rock, Pop, reggae, Jazz etc.

U2? Stadium rock, and the best in the world at it too.

I guess dreary would be a better term for Cold Patrol, Snowplay, Kasabian et al

hitzelsperger

kings of leon are best band in the world at the minute...wish they were doing vital!