Ulster Senior football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 01, 2024, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 22, 2024, 03:46:44 PMThat Tyrone team have better fire power than most Ulster team, it'll be an interesting game. I hate to say it but the sons of God are a joy to watch.

theres nothing wrong with saying it. He was a superb player and they look to heading the same way

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2024, 04:30:06 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on April 22, 2024, 03:44:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2024, 05:15:26 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 21, 2024, 05:13:27 PMAnother example of Tyrone being refereed differently again. How can one be a yellow card and the other black?

Did you see the whole incident or just what we seen on the telly?
To be fair the BBC could not find why there was 1 black and 1 yellow appeared bizzarre, a big call that impacted on the game. Do you know why?

I only seen what the telly showed, as did most? My thinking is the the Tyrone man pulled him to the ground and what we seen was the grabbing each about on TV
Is that a black card?

tyrone08

Quote from: Applesisapples on Today at 10:57:24 AM
Quote from: clarshack on April 21, 2024, 05:13:27 PMAnother example of Tyrone being refereed differently again. How can one be a yellow card and the other black?

To be fair the BBC could not find why there was 1 black and 1 yellow appeared bizzarre, a big call that impacted on the game. Do you know why?

I only seen what the telly showed, as did most? My thinking is the the Tyrone man pulled him to the ground and what we seen was the grabbing each about on TV
Is that a black card?

In this case the black card should have been to the cavan player. You see Paudie on his hands and knees with the cavan player standingover him preventing him from getting up. Thats a black card for impending a player. Paudie then struggles to get up and when he does he drags him down.

Both were at it and both deserved a yellow.

gallsman

So to sum up, nobody actually knows the entirety or precisely what happened, but everyone is certain the ref got it wrong or fucked up in order to shaft their team.

Great stuff.

Armagh18

Quote from: gallsman on Today at 11:32:29 AMSo to sum up, nobody actually knows the entirety or precisely what happened, but everyone is certain the ref got it wrong or fucked up in order to shaft their team.

Great stuff.
As always ;)

lenny

Quote from: tyrone08 on Today at 11:25:18 AM

Is that a black card?

In this case the black card should have been to the cavan player. You see Paudie on his hands and knees with the cavan player standingover him preventing him from getting up. Thats a black card for impending a player. Paudie then struggles to get up and when he does he drags him down.

You're literally making up the rules there.
To receive a black card GAA, a player must commit one of the following offences. Deliberately pull down an opponent. Intentionally trip an opponent with the foot, arm, hand, or leg. To deliberately interfere with a player after they have played the ball away.

Hampsey deliberately pulls down his opponent. This is one case where the referee has got his decision spot on to the letter of the law.

JoG2

Is that a black card?

How are we meant to have a serious conversation about tackling and cleaning the game up when you read this stuff?? Fans of a team, and all counties are guilty of it, circling the wagons and defending their own on something that is so clear cut. 1 player pulls another to the ground, it's a black, prob the easiest decision for the ref to make all day long. You pull a man to the ground on or off the ball, hey presto, 6 or 7 years in it's still a black card, who'd have thought it? ..who in their right mind would ref??

tyrone08

Quote from: lenny on Today at 11:44:07 AM

Is that a black card?

You're literally making up the rules there.
To receive a black card GAA, a player must commit one of the following offences. Deliberately pull down an opponent. Intentionally trip an opponent with the foot, arm, hand, or leg. To deliberately interfere with a player after they have played the ball away.

Hampsey deliberately pulls down his opponent. This is one case where the referee has got his decision spot on to the letter of the law.

How is standing over a player stopping them from getting up not deliberately interfering with a player ? By stopping them or tripping them you are deliberately interfering with them.

It should have been 2 yellows in my opinion but if pulling a player down away from play is a black card then so should deliberately interfering with a player.

square_ball

You're missing the bit 'after they have played the ball away'

David McKeown

Quote from: square_ball on Today at 12:02:19 PMYou're missing the bit 'after they have played the ball away'

And the last bit.

Or intentionally taking him out of the movement of play.

I see the Sunday Game hinted at being told by an official that Hampsey had made an abusive gesture after the shot had been missed. That's also a black card offence.

So I think we probably have no clue what the cards were for in order to know if they were correct or not.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

square_ball

Quote from: David McKeown on Today at 12:09:54 PM
Quote from: square_ball on Today at 12:02:19 PMYou're missing the bit 'after they have played the ball away'

And the last bit.

Or intentionally taking him out of the movement of play.

I see the Sunday Game hinted at being told by an official that Hampsey had made an abusive gesture after the shot had been missed. That's also a black card offence.

So I think we probably have no clue what the cards were for in order to know if they were correct or not.

Does that not suggest the ball has to be in play for that to be the case?