Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

When I said every player has his price I was more thinking of the price Liverpool wouldnt be able to refuse for him rather than wages he'd want from City.

Pie in the sky anyway, ain't happening even with Citys creative accountancy  ;)

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Boycey on June 11, 2019, 05:15:31 PM
When I said every player has his price I was more thinking of the price Liverpool wouldnt be able to refuse for him rather than wages he'd want from City.

Pie in the sky anyway, ain't happening even Citys creative accountancy  ;)

Certainly would be the maddest transfer in EPL history for me.

Can you imagine? 1 point off league winners, sell their most important defender to the side which pipped them to the title.

They would riot in Liverpool  ;D

lurganblue

Fixtures are out this morning and Chelsea v Utd is probably the standout tie of the opening weekend.  Liverpool to get things going on the Friday night v Norwich.

Villa with a tidy wee trip away to the new Spurs stadium.

BennyCake

Peter Crouch retires. Thought he might have stayed one more year at Burnley as a long ball sub.

He seems to have already carved out nice wee earners post-retirement with a book launched and his podcasts.

TabClear

Quote from: BennyCake on July 12, 2019, 03:22:36 PM
Peter Crouch retires. Thought he might have stayed one more year at Burnley as a long ball sub.

He seems to have already carved out nice wee earners post-retirement with a book launched and his podcasts.

Good article on him here. Be a great man to have a pint with by the sounds of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48965686

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 02:53:29 PM
Way too early to speculate given there's a summer of transfers to occur, but here goes.....

I don't think there's any way Liverpool will match the points total of last year, but high 80s, maybe 90 is doable.

So need City to regress a bit to give us a chance of winning the league. To put 2 back-to-back league seasons together like they have is incredible. Losing Kompany will be a big dent, and I've an inkling that Sergio will move on (clearly doesn't get on with Pep), and he'd be a huge loss. Although no doubt they'll spend big again and add some new names.

Assuming Chelsea lose Hazard, then I think United are best placed for 3rd. Although I'm very unsure about Solksjaer.

I think if any of the top 6 get their hands on Declan Rice it would improve them hugely.

Utd won't finish near third unfortunately. Ashley Young as captain, says it all.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GJL

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 13, 2019, 09:18:52 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 02:53:29 PM
Way too early to speculate given there's a summer of transfers to occur, but here goes.....

I don't think there's any way Liverpool will match the points total of last year, but high 80s, maybe 90 is doable.

So need City to regress a bit to give us a chance of winning the league. To put 2 back-to-back league seasons together like they have is incredible. Losing Kompany will be a big dent, and I've an inkling that Sergio will move on (clearly doesn't get on with Pep), and he'd be a huge loss. Although no doubt they'll spend big again and add some new names.

Assuming Chelsea lose Hazard, then I think United are best placed for 3rd. Although I'm very unsure about Solksjaer.

I think if any of the top 6 get their hands on Declan Rice it would improve them hugely.

Utd won't finish near third unfortunately. Ashley Young as captain, says it all.

He was only captain for today. Can't see him keeping the armband at the start of the season.

BennyCake

Bruce will need to get off to a flyer with Newcastle, otherwise he'll be hounded. I don't think it will end well.

shark

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2019, 06:05:33 PM
Bruce will need to get off to a flyer with Newcastle, otherwise he'll be hounded. I don't think it will end well.

Needs to get moving in the transfer market too. They barely have a team and there are only 4 weeks until the window closes.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on July 18, 2019, 06:05:33 PM

Just looking at their first 10 or so fixtures here. What's your points estimate? I'm giving them a generous 7 pts.

Boycey

If Utd had a second half like that this place would be hopping...

Watford 31 chances Arsenal 7  :o and the defending for the 1st Watford goal was shambolic.

Jeepers Creepers

How many points has Luiz cost already!?

lurganblue

imtommygunn

What was going on with Arsenal's kickouts? Ludicrous.

Tony Baloney

The Gooners thread hasn't had a post since 8th Aug so tells how much interest there is in them!