Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on March 15, 2020, 03:31:51 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2020, 11:53:43 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2020, 11:16:33 AM
I don't know if it's right or wrong. Neither do you. Nobody does. We'll know in a year when we've gone through another winter. What I do know is that I'd follow the advice of leading scientists, before that of a load of arseholes writing under a story on Facebook, that this is a medical experiment. The oul ones are mostly Tory voters so there is no way Boris is knocking them off.

You accept that uk is only country following this "herd immunity" approach though? So from that we can extrapolate the brits think they have better scientists than anywhere else in the world. So they either do or they don't.  I think they are arrogant and this is part of he "we are free from the EU so can do our own thing" mentality. I fear it will be catastrophic and the north should follow the EU approach.

What is the EU approach?

Ate you living in a cave ffs. Google it. The EU are doing what the WHO recommend we do.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2020, 04:31:05 PM
I don't know if it's right or wrong. Neither do you. Nobody does. We'll know in a year when we've gone through another winter. What I do know is that I'd follow the advice of leading scientists, before that of a load of arseholes writing under a story on Facebook, that this is a medical experiment. The oul ones are mostly Tory voters so there is no way Boris is knocking them off.

You accept that uk is only country following this "herd immunity" approach though? So from that we can extrapolate the brits think they have better scientists than anywhere else in the world. So they either do or they don't.  I think they are arrogant and this is part of he "we are free from the EU so can do our own thing" mentality. I fear it will be catastrophic and the north should follow the EU approach.

What is the EU approach?

Ate you living in a cave ffs. Google it. The EU are doing what the WHO recommend we do.

But the EU response is to support individual member states in whatever steps the want to take and where they can benefit from cooperation to aid that cooperation. Health and public health are devolved matters. The is a wide and evolving range of responses in EU states.

So not in a cave. Googled it as you said and stand by my original question

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on March 15, 2020, 05:27:57 PM

What is the EU approach?

But the EU response is to support individual member states in whatever steps the want to take and where they can benefit from cooperation to aid that cooperation. Health and public health are devolved matters. The is a wide and evolving range of responses in EU states.

What countries in the EU are going a different route to the WHO?

Denn Forever

John O'Dowd has really got Nolan's fired up on behalf of the people of Ulster.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 16, 2020, 11:31:53 AM
John O'Dowd has really got Nolan's fired up on behalf of the people of Ulster.

In fairness he handed it to Nolan on a plate. In a morning that should have also been reflecting on the RHI report he created a massive distraction. People need to be very careful of their language as they know especially in this place it'll be twisted into something else when if there was an element of truth to what he said. Nolan then has it then twisted to he is calling every medical professional out there a baxtard.

Taylor

See Michelle G just called someone a dick on Twitter - now no doubt he is/was but this is just deflecting from the issues at hand and rather than everyone rounding on the politicians sitting on their hands it is creating a green/orange situation with the orange side now calling out SF politicians rather than hammering the politicians who are leaving us like sitting ducks

Armamike

Michelle O'Neill was badly wrong in deciding on going on a solo run a few hours after standing with Foster and smacks of political opportunism. John O'Dowd was out of order in what he said. We need so called leaders to show a level head and a degree of calm here and act as if they can (at least publicly) work together to lead us through this. Going off on solos or ranting on social media isn't good.  People need leadership more now than ever.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Itchy

Quote from: Armamike on March 16, 2020, 12:24:21 PM
Michelle O'Neill was badly wrong in deciding on going on a solo run a few hours after standing with Foster and smacks of political opportunism. John O'Dowd was out of order in what he said. We need so called leaders to show a level head and a degree of calm here and act as if they can (at least publicly) work together to lead us through this. Going off on solos or ranting on social media isn't good.  People need leadership more now than ever.

I tell you what is wrong, people is that silly little statelet getting annoyed over a word and talking about leadership framed around a word when the biggest danger in their life time is knocking on their door. Michelle O Neill was wrong alright, she was wrong to stand with Foster in the 1st place and agree anything. She is right now. You are committing suicide north of the border.

Keyser soze

Michelle O'Neill was badly wrong in deciding on going on a solo run a few hours after standing with Foster and smacks of political opportunism. John O'Dowd was out of order in what he said. We need so called leaders to show a level head and a degree of calm here and act as if they can (at least publicly) work together to lead us through this. Going off on solos or ranting on social media isn't good.  People need leadership more now than ever.  Vote SDLP.

Fixed that for ye.

armaghniac

Odd as it is to find me defending SF, Michelle O'Neill was put in an invidious position by Foster. SF were trying to make a go of collective action in NI administration and the DUP banjaxed this once again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

No, this is completely wrong. Michelle O'Neill was completely wrong to side with Arlene Foster and the UK government stance in the first instance. She was not wrong to reverse her position even if it took her 24 hours to do it and even if it took others to put her right.

This is far too serious for party politicking, Stormont harmony is completely academic when it comes to the biggest health crisis in a century and peoples lives. Should she have continued to adapt the British government position despite the bewilderment of numerous world health experts?   

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Itchy on March 15, 2020, 06:20:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on March 15, 2020, 05:27:57 PM

What is the EU approach?

What countries in the EU are going a different route to the WHO?

Sweden. The ballbags.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RadioGAAGAA

I don't know if it's right or wrong. Neither do you. Nobody does. We'll know in a year when we've gone through another winter. What I do know is that I'd follow the advice of leading scientists, before that of a load of arseholes writing under a story on Facebook, that this is a medical experiment.

Run a few numbers yourself rather than rolling over and accepting what your told like a f**king 3 year old.

Death rate in Italy is over 7% when using number of cases. It is over 43% when using number of recoveries. (fuckin hell! That is grim :-\)

Bozo and the clowns are talking about infecting 60+% of the population. 7% of 60% of 60 million is over 2.5 million people.

I don't need my f**king phd to figure that out.

[edit: Sorry, this was a bit harsh - getting very irritated at people just accepting the "expert" opinion from London as if its beyond reproach. Its deeply flawed.]
i usse an speelchekor

Armamike

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 12:27:44 PM

I tell you what is wrong, people is that silly little statelet getting annoyed over a word and talking about leadership framed around a word when the biggest danger in their life time is knocking on their door. Michelle O Neill was wrong alright, she was wrong to stand with Foster in the 1st place and agree anything. She is right now. You are committing suicide north of the border.

I'm not saying that the current position here is right.  Squabbling in public about what to do doesn't help the situation. Unfortunately like a lot of places (including some of the biggest economies on the planet) we've got terrible leadership when we need it most.
That's just, like your opinion man.