Ryanair set for £8 flights to US

Started by ziggysego, November 02, 2008, 10:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Quote from: full back on November 03, 2008, 04:50:10 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 04:48:39 PM
:D very good Ziggy, keep up the good work.

Full Back, check your PM Inbox.....

Waiting sideline..........

:D :D Now now FB i gave Ziggy my word!  Good to get your hopes up though.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: full back on November 03, 2008, 04:50:10 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 04:48:39 PM
:D very good Ziggy, keep up the good work.

Full Back, check your PM Inbox.....

Waiting sideline..........

:D :D Now now FB i gave Ziggy my word!  Good to get your hopes up though.

b4stard  :D :D

orangeman

gawa316

Where do they intend flying to? Will it just be east coast?

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2008, 02:32:59 PM
Quotehave heard that the employees are not treated fantastically, but like a sizable proportion of private sector /maufacturing type/construction type workers out there - this is more normal than you obv think.

We are not talking about about the same thing.

I am ashamed that this man is Irish given what he has done and continues to do.

Sorry Muppet - never got back to this until now. I'd be interested in why you feel like that (PM me if you like). Would you feel the same about the likes of McManus/Desmond etc who made huge profits driving our currency (and country) through the floor when we were practically bankrupt?

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2009, 04:12:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2008, 02:32:59 PM
Quotehave heard that the employees are not treated fantastically, but like a sizable proportion of private sector /maufacturing type/construction type workers out there - this is more normal than you obv think.

We are not talking about about the same thing.

I am ashamed that this man is Irish given what he has done and continues to do.

Sorry Muppet - never got back to this until now. I'd be interested in why you feel like that (PM me if you like). Would you feel the same about the likes of McManus/Desmond etc who made huge profits driving our currency (and country) through the floor when we were practically bankrupt?

I dont see them as the same. I would have issues with the activities you mention and the fact that they are tax exiles but they are not in the same league os O'Leary when it comes to being an employer. He s a national emabrassment but everyone, especially the media, looks the other way while some even laud him.

I know lots of former and a few current employees of his and you would be astonished at some of the stories.

One Irish judge described his activities as 'most onerous and bordering on oppression' and that was in a case taken by Ryanair. 
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Yeah - got a bit off point there. Maybe I'm being naive here but have we not got employment laws to take care of problems of bad employers? I've no doubt Ryanair would be tough to work for but surely if things were systematically "opressive" they'd be gone out of business long ago. He must be doing something right. I can accept though that the cheerleading media portray him as some sort of Robin Hood which clearly he isn't.

corn02

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on November 03, 2008, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: downgirl on November 03, 2008, 08:56:15 AM
Ok £8 for thr flight but it will be £20 per case, £5 for checking in at the check in desk etc etc etc.  Don't get me wrong I love Ryanair....for flying from Cork to Dublin...wouldn't know about being treated like cattle for an 8 hour flight though!
And £5 per flight for paying by Credit or Debit Card, the biggest scam of all

£10 on some flights.

orangeman

A Ryanair pilot who spoke out about safety concerns on a television documentary earlier this week has been sacked.

Captain John Goss, who appeared in the Channel 4 Dispatches programme which was broadcast on Monday night, was dismissed today for "gross misconduct".

Capt Goss had also recently been given a warning by Ryanair after he gave a newspaper interview about safety issues at the airline.

In 2005, he took a High Court case against the airline after it tried to invoke disciplinary proceedings against him.

At the time, he claimed he was being victimised for his trade union activities.

The airline denied the claim and the case was settled.

He continued to work for the airline and was due to retire later this year.

In a memo circulated today, Ryanair outlined the reasons for dismissing Capt Goss and urged pilots not to "confuse industrial relations issues with safety".

In a statement, a Ryanair spokesman said: "Ryanair's safety has been independently confirmed as being 'on a par with the safest airlines in Europe'.

"It is delivered on a daily basis by over 9,000 outstanding aviation professionals whose commitment to safety is absolute.

"We will not allow a Ryanair employee to defame our safety on national television just 3 weeks after he confirmed in writing to Ryanair that he had no concerns with safety and no reason to make any confidential safety report to either the IAA or Ryanair."

Tony Baloney

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 04:38:50 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on November 03, 2008, 04:33:50 PM
A friend of mine works for easyJet and he hates it. I know a lassie that works for Ryanair and she seems to like it.

A male working in an airline, what kind of "friend" is he exactly Ziggy??  ;)
A pilot? Engineer? Tarmac staff?

orangeman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 15, 2013, 01:23:08 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 15, 2013, 12:06:38 AM
What did he expect?!

Whistleblower protection?

He got blew out instead. For good.

And got his wings clipped as well.