#jesuiswwn

Started by Applesisapples, August 07, 2015, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but some people have no sense of humour, are Gift Grub next in line?

muppet

Is this about Redaction Man again?
MWWSI 2017

DuffleKing

Waterford whispers and Denis O'Brien?

stephenite

Doesn't he own today fm?

mikehunt

magpie seanie

It's great that he's running to his lawyers all the time. It means it's getting to him and it matters to him. Hope people remember this at election time. We must never let FF/FG into a position to enrich already rich people again. Despite what they say they will keep doing it, it's in their DNA. SF will probably go the same way eventually so I'd be wary of them.

AZOffaly

Seanie, all that being said, and the election next year, who do we vote for? We can't vote FG or FF according to you. You'd be wary of SF. I'm not so sure Labour are a million miles from FG or FF except that they'd look to throw money at the public service rather than get value for money from the public service. Doesn't leave us with a lot of choices. There's only 1 Ming, and he's in Brussels :)

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
There's only 1 Ming, and he's in Amsterdam :)

Fixed that for you.

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 10, 2015, 08:50:13 AM
It's great that he's running to his lawyers all the time. It means it's getting to him and it matters to him. Hope people remember this at election time. We must never let FF/FG into a position to enrich already rich people again. Despite what they say they will keep doing it, it's in their DNA. SF will probably go the same way eventually so I'd be wary of them.

Agree with this, and AZ's post.

But who the f*ck can we vote for?

As a rule I don't think we should re-appoint a Government that is less than brilliant. So FG/Labour out next time then.

FF - they should be disbanded.

SF - I think if we are going to have a tight Dáil, it might be time to put them in. Their cult following will learn some harsh realities about political promises very quickly and hopefully there will be another quick GE afterwards. By then maybe FG/FF/Labour will have revamped, or reformed or whatever. But I am not hopeful.

Renua & all sorts of muppets - forget about it.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2015, 11:53:41 AM
Seanie, all that being said, and the election next year, who do we vote for? We can't vote FG or FF according to you. You'd be wary of SF. I'm not so sure Labour are a million miles from FG or FF except that they'd look to throw money at the public service rather than get value for money from the public service. Doesn't leave us with a lot of choices. There's only 1 Ming, and he's in Brussels :)

There's no slam dunk with the alternatives, in fact not much certainty. The certainty is though that if we keep putting FF/FG (didn't mention Labour - they're one and the same but will hopefully be obliterated in next election) in power, the same circle of rich and powerful people will keep benefitting at the expense of the rest of us. Personally, I hope Catherine Murphy/Roisin Shortall/Paul Donnelly can roll out a sufficiently big infrastructure to be a force in the next Dáil. That's who I'd like to vote for, not sure if they'll have a candidate here. For me - this is the party Ireland has been crying out for. There will be a huge campaign to stop it in its tracks from the establishment - I think ordinary people should support the Social democrats and vote for them in massive numbers.

Failing that I'd look at PBP or any of the left wing parties that have stood up against the unfair and crippling austerity forced on people who had no hand, act or part in the economic crisis. Some of them are a little off the wall but at least they have some sense of fairness.

I wouldn't be against seeing SF in government. For their first time in at least they'd be hugely anxious to show they can make it work and would probably do a decent, fair job. What would/will come after that worries me. I think they're Fianna Fáil for slow learners really.

Renua to me are a complete joke and exactly the kind of new party we don't need.