Partitionist abuse - The poison of the meeja?

Started by whiskeysteve, March 21, 2012, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 25, 2012, 09:41:32 AM
Well you said "afterwards". And it's amazing how much squirming you are doing to try claim that McGuinness labelled Michael D a west brit. HE DID NOT. YOUR SQUIRMING AND WISHFUL THINKING DOESN'T CHANGE THAT. In fact, far from terming Muchael D a west brit, McGuinness actually said Higgins "is a man of great intellectual capacity and man of huge heart and I've every confidence that he will be one of Ireland's finest presidents" and believed he "would be my president also" (which seems the opposite of labelling him a west brit).

So the fact is, we have been talking about this for an age now, and you have not put up one good reason yet to explain why McGuinness would term either Heaney or Hume as west brits for winning the presidency.

Please show me exactly where I claimed that McGuinness called Michael D a West Brit? You are either reading what you think I am writing or you are making stuff up to argue with.

As for your second question. I said they would be condemned as West Brit's. I didn't say McGuinness would do it.

The West Brit insult seems to be thrown at a) random southerns and b) occasional opponents of SF. That may or may not be completely correct, but that it the way it appears to me on this site.

For example of a) see:

Quote from: Nally Stand on October 24, 2010, 08:04:57 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 24, 2010, 01:05:04 PM
Northern Ireland b**tard is a bit of a mouthful I usually just use the term Nordie b**tard.

To which I unfailingly respond, "fcuk off ya dirty rotten west-brit free state sellout b**tard"

And an example of b) see:

Quote from: Ulick on April 27, 2010, 11:28:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 27, 2010, 12:25:53 PM
Why is this tread the focus of debate about the upcoming elections? It looks like Sinn Fein are more into SDLP bashing than focusing on their own policies.

Policies? It's a Brit election, policy is irrelevant. Given that the amount of influence anyone this side of the water will have amounts to the square root of f**k all, the only policy that matters is position on the National Question. The Stoops appear to want to doff their caps to the old colonial masters and Durkan and McDonnell have been seduced by the pomp, circumstance and cash of the Brit establishment - Irish nationalists my hole. West Brits or Uncle Toms would be a more fitting description.

So while I never said anyone in particular would call them this, it appears likely, to me anyway, that if they had defeated the SF candidate that someone, somewhere would most likely have branded them a 'West Brit'.

Now I am open to correction on this, but for that to happen you would have to fully explain the term 'West Brit' and point out my mis-understanding of it.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

You have referred to McGuinness numerous times, so not just me doing that and you seemed quite content to go along with talk about him until now. And you remarked that after one of the men won, they would be "labelled". That's a far cry from your most recent analysis of how someone, somewhere might call whichever one a west brit. And considering the two men referred to is as part of a hypothetical scenario, I mentioned Michael D for no other reason than it is the most recent real election to measure your remark against. Now considering nobody has called him a west brit "after winning comfortably", I am still at a total loss as to why either Hune or Heaney would be termed such for winning it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 25, 2012, 06:20:20 PM
You have referred to McGuinness numerous times, so not just me doing that and you seemed quite content to go along with talk about him until now. And you remarked that after one of the men won, they would be "labelled". That's a far cry from your most recent analysis of how someone, somewhere might call whichever one a west brit. And considering the two men referred to is as part of a hypothetical scenario, I mentioned Michael D for no other reason than it is the most recent real election to measure your remark against. Now considering nobody has called him a west brit "after winning comfortably", I am still at a total loss as to why either Hune or Heaney would be termed such for winning it.

I referred to McGuinness, but not in the way said I did.

I have offered you the chance to point out the error of my ways, please explain to me where someone might be called a 'West Brit' and where someone might not. For example you seem apoplectic that someone might be called a 'West Brit' AFTER an election, doe this mean it would be ok before an election? It would be helpful if you could explain why someone from Derry couldn't be one as you seemed to imply earlier, but feel free to correct me.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on March 25, 2012, 07:41:35 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 25, 2012, 06:20:20 PM

I referred to McGuinness, but not in the way said I did.

I have offered you the chance to point out the error of my ways, please explain to me where someone might be called a 'West Brit' and where someone might not. For example you seem apoplectic that someone might be called a 'West Brit' AFTER an election, doe this mean it would be ok before an election? It would be helpful if you could explain why someone from Derry couldn't be one as you seemed to imply earlier, but feel free to correct me.

As I implied earlier? I've clarified that repeatedly. And don't ask me to explain west brit for you. You brought it up. In the past day you have failed to give any logical or rational reasoning behind your post, so to be honest - I'm getting bored.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore