2014 Sigerson

Started by Any craic, January 28, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I really enjoy it and have seen some great games over the years. I'm pretty sure UCC have a few Cork seniors and Quinivan is a start for Tipp.

rodney trotter

UCC have 4 players on the Cork Senior Panel, Tom Clancy, Conor Dorman, Alan Cronin who was suspended from yesterdays Semi and Brian O Driscoll.

Clancy was starting last year against the Dubs in the All Ireland quarter final, was on the u21 team that reached the All ireland final last year too, so was Cronin.

Conor Cox and Paul Geaney are on the Kerry Senior panel this year too.

reddog

Two things...ucc deserve a lot of credit over the weekend, worthy winners.but firstly that point was a good 4ft wide. Secondly , the clock wasn't stopped at all in second half yet the hooter blew up on 30 mins therefore there wasn't one second of injury time played.

Zulu

I thought it looked good as it seemed to land in the pitches behind the match pitch so although it looked to have landed wide I think that is deceiving. There was no added time in the first half either so I presumed the clock was stopped a la rugby when the ref indicated it. Time keeping in the GAA is farcical, a ref running down the length of the field to talk to the umpires is not added to time unless the ref deems it to be an abnormal delay of time - daft.

Syferus

Quote from: reddog on February 22, 2014, 10:00:04 PM
Two things...ucc deserve a lot of credit over the weekend, worthy winners.but firstly that point was a good 4ft wide. Secondly , the clock wasn't stopped at all in second half yet the hooter blew up on 30 mins therefore there wasn't one second of injury time played.

..so not worthy winners, then.

reddog

That was what was meant to happen but clock didn't stop. Morgan was out of order. Not the way to celebrate a win. Typical of the man

reddog

I must qualify that I think ucc were worthy in the way they played over the weekend. The timekeeping and call at the end wasn't down to them

Tony Baloney

Quote from: shark on February 22, 2014, 08:32:25 PM
Prior to Billy Morgan taking the reigns for the 2010 competition UCC hadn't won a Sigerson match for 3/4 years. He has brought them to 4 finals in 5 years, winning 2. I thought they were gone tonight when O'Neill landed that point.
O'Neill is a hoor and near 40. Should be nowhere near Sigerson.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ck

Tonight's Sigerson win was a victory for... As Billy Morgan put it "genuine students".. That was Billy's direct dig at UUJ who as everyone knows had players playing today who are not legit students. They try to pull in "stars" year after year and what does it get them?.. Just a bad name.
UCC were a real college team typifying Sigerson metal. Massive congrats to their integrity and honest endeavour. Sigerson is a terrific competition, and as long as it's won by honest teams like UCC then it has a great future

RandyDupree

So who are these non-genuine students then?  ???

Name and shame.

retiredgael

Quote from: Zulu on February 22, 2014, 10:04:50 PM
I thought it looked good as it seemed to land in the pitches behind the match pitch so although it looked to have landed wide I think that is deceiving. There was no added time in the first half either so I presumed the clock was stopped a la rugby when the ref indicated it. Time keeping in the GAA is farcical, a ref running down the length of the field to talk to the umpires is not added to time unless the ref deems it to be an abnormal delay of time - daft.

let the poly appeal we could have some serious fun if they do

sore losers despite the moneybags

rrhf

Polytechnics or priest refinerys should not be allowed at sigerson level.

CD

Quote from: reddog on February 22, 2014, 10:00:04 PM

From the stand where I was sitting it (the UCC winning point) looked ok but the reaction of the UUJ keeper suggested he was sure it was wide - although I lost all sympathy for him when he faffed around with the ball for the next few minutes rather than getting it up the field where it was needed. What was he doing?
Also couldn't understand why he was taking 45metre frees with a gale force wind at his back. Surely any player in the UUJ team could have hit these wide just as easily? He scored one and took at least 90 seconds each time. He waited for an outfield player to summon him forward each time so they clearly didn't have a management agreed strategy for long range frees. Even u12 teams have agreed free takers these days.
UUJ hit at least 12 wides and scored 7 points in the second half and the UCC keeper rightly (because the UUJ keeper did it in the first half) took his time with each kickout - 40 seconds at least each time - over 12 minutes in total for kickouts and the clock didn't stop once. Not once!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!