Any accountants or anyone good with account statements??

Started by downgirl, August 08, 2008, 03:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downgirl

Need help, got the statement of my account from my accommodation last year, they have only given me a cheque for €120.59 but on the statement it says nett €370.59???

The Gs Man

Looks like they took out £250 for that net you bought.
Keep 'er lit

Rois

Don't suppose there were three of you and they split the total (kinda) between you?

downgirl

Haha you are hilarious.  Seriously though, help.  :-\

There were 4 of us, only been talking to 2 of them though but they got a cheque for like €240??

And my room was left in perfect condition, I don't see why I should be getting half as much back as my flatmates?

Niall Quinn

I'd guess AP error.
Can you scan the statement somehow?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

downgirl

Yea I have it scanned to send to my dad cus he's not here, would you be willing to take a look at it?? If you PM me your email I will send it to you.

T Fearon

Serious internal control failure - not cross checking remittance advice/statement with payment. But would you be seeking help if they'd paid you £250 more than the statement balance? ;D

downgirl

Don't really understand what you are saying Fearon!! But I want to get it sorted out because they are looking for the payment for next year which is apparently going to be €5870?????

downgirl

T Fearon

Do not address me by my surname, you insolent little madam. Have some respect for your elders. >:(

Quite simply the twat who wrote or prepared the cheque has failed to reconcile it with the statement balance prior to sending it out.

full back

With all the money you have saved from bringing sandwiches to matches over the years this should be no problem downgirl ;)

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Niall Quinn

Quote from: downgirl on August 08, 2008, 04:08:36 PM
Yea I have it scanned to send to my dad cus he's not here, would you be willing to take a look at it?? If you PM me your email I will send it to you.

I think I PM'd you, possibly twice.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

downgirl

Sorry Mr Fearon I'm a bit stressed!!

Ah I don't want to phone them because they guy is really sarcastic... :-\

And no it will be a problem they have put the prices up I was only expecting it to be €5600... :-\ :-\

downgirl