Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 361838 times)

nrico2006

• View Profile
Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #5790 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:47 AM »
http://www.irish-boxing.com/new-york-debut-nightmare-for-aaron-mckenna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

His fight is due to licencing issues with his opponent. It’s an awful shame for him but hopefully we’ll be hearing much more about him in the near future. A huge disappointment also to the big band of ones from Monaghan and beyond who had travelled out to see him..

He is fighting this weekend
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: December 07, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »
http://www.irish-boxing.com/new-york-debut-nightmare-for-aaron-mckenna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

His fight is due to licencing issues with his opponent. It’s an awful shame for him but hopefully we’ll be hearing much more about him in the near future. A huge disappointment also to the big band of ones from Monaghan and beyond who had travelled out to see him..

He is fighting this weekend

Aye
http://www.irish-boxing.com/aaron-mckenna-handed-replacement-debut-date/

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: December 07, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »
Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux this weekend, could potentially be one of the greatest fights ever.

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: December 07, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux this weekend, could potentially be one of the greatest fights ever.

Absolutely - hope it lives up to expectations

nrico2006

• View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: December 07, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
Two best boxers in the world.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: December 07, 2017, 09:28:08 PM »
Glad Rigo is getting a big fight at last but unfortunately its far from on his terms, he's he's well past it now plus he is giving up 2 (or is 3?) weight divisions for this fight.

I think he can still cause Lomo a few issues tho,  but the weight difference will probably mean he could bully Rigo if its not going his way still should be good tho.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:46 PM »
Rigondeaux at 3/1 for this one, bookies seem fairly confident.

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: December 07, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »

Absolutely - hope it lives up to expectations

Lomachenko hot hot favourite though. 1/5 on. Rig 7/2. Doesn’t suggest a tight scrap.

Declan

• View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: December 08, 2017, 08:09:24 AM »
Glad Rigo is getting a big fight at last but unfortunately its far from on his terms, he's he's well past it now plus he is giving up 2 (or is 3?) weight divisions for this fight.

I think he can still cause Lomo a few issues tho,  but the weight difference will probably mean he could bully Rigo if its not going his way still should be good tho.

As the old saying goes "a good big un will always beat a good little un"

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
Has Rigo more power though and if so will that transfer to the new weight class? Should be a very interesting fight

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: December 08, 2017, 10:03:05 AM »
Certainly worth watching or even getting the next morning compared to some bigger publicity fights this year though. 

BennyHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: December 08, 2017, 12:50:38 PM »

Does anyone know if this is on the normal Boxnation subscription that you get with BT sports?

I think Lomachenko wins this with ease. Too big and just too good. Although I'm a fan of Rigo, I think he may just be on the slide. Well worth watching though.
That was never a square ball!!

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: December 08, 2017, 12:55:39 PM »

Does anyone know if this is on the normal Boxnation subscription that you get with BT sports?

I think Lomachenko wins this with ease. Too big and just too good. Although I'm a fan of Rigo, I think he may just be on the slide. Well worth watching though.

You'll pick it up if you subscribe to Box Nation, think you can stream it - I am nearly sure I read somewhere if you have BT Sports you'll get it through their app or something too.

DuffleKing

• View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: December 08, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Has Rigo more power though and if so will that transfer to the new weight class? Should be a very interesting fight

Rigo doesn't have punching power anyway so it's definitely not going to carry up!

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: December 08, 2017, 06:17:21 PM »
This is live on ESPN...happy days!