Investments

Started by illdecide, December 11, 2017, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

By the time any investment reaches the gaaboard it is  probably too late, in fairness
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on December 12, 2017, 11:24:39 AM
I have used eToro to do some investments in Ripple.  Its just ok though.  You can set ceiling levels of it my investment goes below this amount sell and if it goes above this amount sell.  You can also copy people who are successful trades they have done.  I joined it more to read the comments of different markets - only invested £200 in ripple a few weeks ago - its worth £230 atm.  Ripple is about $0.24 cents each at the minute so the max sell point you can put is 1000% so if it goes to just over $2 each then mine would be sold automatically even if the price goes out to reach $100 each.  However, if you were making 1000% increases on investments you be happy enough.

You can also invest in Oil/Gold most shares on eToro as well but as I say personally I just joined it to read the threads on the cryptos and put in a small enough £200 investment just out of interest.  Also have some BTC and ETH I bought on Coinbase during the summer.  Just ordered myself a USB Hardware Wallet - planning to move my cryto out of coinbase and hold the private keys for it myself - will also buy some more ripple and hold it in my own wallet

Checked out the virtual side of that website.. as a means to see if you did invest a couple of grand how that would look over a period, obviously when you invest your own money the bottom will fall out of the market !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hereiam

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 12, 2017, 11:35:41 AM
Quote from: TabClear on December 12, 2017, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 11, 2017, 11:08:55 PM
The thing that attracts my attention about Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general, is where can you actually spend them? I understand firms like PayPal and Microsoft take them, but the majority don't and I don't see a situation where you're going to be walking into Centra and paying for your loaf of bread and bottle of milk with a crypto currency, or paying the barman down the local with Bitcoin for your pint of Guinness. Most people seem to be investing in it simply because the value keeps increasing. I think there are similarities to the dotcom boom in that everybody kept buying and buying, inflating the price further and further before the market eventually recognised that these companies' revenues were nowhere near their valuation, never mind profits. Incidentally, Bitcoin futures started training today for the first time and didn't have the greatest of receptions by the market.

I agree with most of your post except this. Look how much less cash is used now since ten years ago. The missus never carries notes or coins anymore. Most people pay by card and paying by phone is getting much more widely accepted. In another ten years i fully expect cash to have reduced even more as phone and biometric methods of payment take over. In this scenario, your phone "wallet"/fingerprint/chip in your wrist can be linked back to a bitcoin account as easily as any other currency.

I'm the same, I rarely carry cash and just use the tap technology for even the smallest of purchases - however, I prefer that card to be the virtual representation of something physical that is backed up by the state, rather than a relatively unregulated piece of data on my computer that might be worth 200% of yesterday's value but also 400% of tomorrow's value. And I think the vast majority of people think like that, making me doubt the actual utility of cryptocurrencies as anything more than an investment.

We should not let the banks bring in this cashless society as this will give them total control over our money. If it were totally cashless right now we would be sitting with interest rates in the minus and banks charging everybody to hold there money.

Avondhu star

I have some excellent schemes that my Lagos office could interest you in
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Denn Forever

Quote from: Avondhu star on December 12, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

Don't you need a letter of introduction?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Avondhu star

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 12, 2017, 02:09:45 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on December 12, 2017, 12:46:25 PM

Don't you need a letter of introduction?

I have them personally signed by Mr
Mugabe from our Harare office
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

So I put £2000 of virtual money on that Etorro site and Ive made 15% profit of virtual money in over 2 hours... Think I'll take it out and quit while i'm ahead.. Litecoin was the stock i was spending the no money
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

assuming they are legit and above board and fairly stable
what is the main advantage of using a crypto currency , if you have a reasonable amount of faith in the Euro /dollar seeing and don't beelive in government and bank being in a conspiracy against you
, as has been explained , its possible to live cashless using regular credit and debit cards and how close are to a bitcoin MasterCard?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

gallsman

Quote from: rosnarun on December 12, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
what is the main advantage of using a crypto currency , if you have a reasonable amount of faith in the Euro /dollar seeing and don't beelive in government and bank being in a conspiracy against you
, as has been explained , its possible to live cashless using regular credit and debit cards and how close are to a bitcoin MasterCard?

They already exist.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 11, 2017, 05:18:39 PM
Go up to Tommy Frenchs and put all the money you can afford on Dublin to win the All Ireland in 2018 at 11/10. They simply wont be beat. Granted you will have to wait 9 months for your return but nothing on the stock market offers anywhere near the same ROI.

Is Tommy giving 11/10 the best I can see on Oddschecker is even dough!

ardtole

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 12, 2017, 02:42:31 PM

They already exist.
I thought lionsgold were in the process of linking a cryptocurrency and using the price of gold as a value via MasterCard. Only rumours at present.

gallsman

FL/MAYO

Milltown Row2

Quote from: FL/MAYO on December 12, 2017, 05:39:57 PM
Forget bitcoin, its fourth-biggest rival is up nearly 5,800 percent this year

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/litecoin-price-hits-record-high-up-nearly-5800-percent-this-year.html

That's the one I've £2000 on (virtual money  :D ) it's already made 400 quid of virtual money! I'm going to spend it on more shares lol

armaghniac

We should all chip in a Euro to one these things and after a year we can buy the 6 counties from Theresa May.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B