Is it finally time to tax our Lycra clad cyclists ?

Started by highorlow, July 29, 2017, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

I don't care what they wear. I have more respect for a fat person on a bike and trying to get slimmer than a fat person sitting on a couch drinking a can of Harp, smoking a packet of Woodbines, eating KFC Bargain Bucket, and watching football on TV while he makes himself even bigger.

S'funny how it was always the cider louts at the side of the street that were the quickest to shout "get those f****g knees up" while you ride past. This thread has brought that crowd out in force. Nothing but a shower of good-for-nothing shell-suit-wearing dole-scrounging gulpins the whole blllllloody lot of ya!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 30, 2017, 06:23:09 PM
I don't care what they wear. I have more respect for a fat person on a bike and trying to get slimmer than a fat person sitting on a couch drinking a can of Harp, smoking a packet of Woodbines, eating KFC Bargain Bucket, and watching football on TV while he makes himself even bigger.

S'funny how it was always the cider louts at the side of the street that were the quickest to shout "get those f****g knees up" while you ride past. This thread has brought that crowd out in force. Nothing but a shower of good-for-nothing shell-suit-wearing dole-scrounging gulpins the whole blllllloody lot of ya!

Nice. It's good the way America has made you more thoughtful and balanced. Must be all that California fresh air.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2017, 06:29:56 PM
Nice. It's good the way America has made you more thoughtful and balanced. Must be all that California fresh air.

It is. I'm actually reminiscing about the gobsh*tes that would shout abuse at me or anyone exercising when I lived in England. The same boys wouldn't be able to run the length of themselves.

Here in California it's considered normal to be out for a run or a spin on the bike and you don't get young ones standing about on street corners like you would in Manchester.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 30, 2017, 07:44:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 30, 2017, 06:29:56 PM

It is. I'm actually reminiscing about the gobsh*tes that would shout abuse at me or anyone exercising when I lived in England. The same boys wouldn't be able to run the length of themselves.

Here in California it's considered normal to be out for a run or a spin on the bike and you don't get young ones standing about on street corners like you would in Manchester.

Speaking of lycra...you running North American finals in SF this weekend, Eamo?

johnneycool

Quote from: thebigfella on August 30, 2017, 05:09:30 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 30, 2017, 04:58:42 PM
If you want to look ridiculous on a bike then go right ahead and wear your soccer shorts. I'll stick to the gear that was actually designed for cycling.

Designed for 8 stone cyclists though and not fat fcuks

I thought they do other sizes, there you go.

Say what you like but you need the padded shorts on for any sort of comfort. The O'Neills range just doesn't cut it when your nads and gooch are in bits.

Keyser soze

It's not like you would ever see anyone over 8 stone in soccer gear lol. And most of them haven't been on a pitch in decades, if ever.   

GJL

I started cycling in June. My a$$ is only now getting used to it. You need the padded shorts...believe me.

thebigfella

I don't think anyone said padded shorts are needed, just the road cycling gear is designed for the more athletic cyclist  ;)

Mountain biking shorts etc... are just as suitable and look way better on heavier cyclists.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 30, 2017, 07:51:46 PM

Not running the show but I'll be there on Sat and Sun armed with my camera. Will you be about?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 31, 2017, 06:27:32 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 30, 2017, 07:51:46 PM

Not running the show but I'll be there on Sat and Sun armed with my camera. Will you be about?

Might be in on Sunday...very warm weather expected.

Eamonnca1

Can blow hot and cold on the island. Once that evening fog comes in...

mrdeeds

As if Chris Hoy was 8 stone. Most sprinters would be well over 8 stone.

illdecide

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 31, 2017, 09:28:04 PM
As if Chris Hoy was 8 stone. Most sprinters would be well over 8 stone.

The cheeky bollix is about 16 stone
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.