Teenage bullying on social media and suicide

Started by seafoid, October 31, 2012, 02:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

I think Ask.fm is the site most of this online bullying happens, they should have their IP address however, the odd one will hide behind fake IPs and won't be caught. Need to close down Ask.Fm and sites like it.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on December 14, 2012, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 13, 2012, 02:23:20 PM
The poor mother.

And they never found out who was behind the original bullying.

How the fcuk can that happen, somebody knows, this b**tard should be hunted down until caught,or they should if there is more than one, usually is because they are, in essence, cowards.
It is shocking. People must know who did it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/26/day-confronted-troll

I showed The Troll's mother and father screengrabs and printouts of his handiwork.
I showed them pictures of ashes and dead flowers.

I pointed out that one of the messages my wife received wishing me dead had arrived when I actually was gravely ill.
I told them of how I'd become so paranoid that I genuinely didn't know who to trust anymore.
I told them of nights when I'd walked the rooms, jumping at shadows and crying over the sleeping forms of my family for fear that they would suffer because of me.

Then it happened ...
The Troll burst into tears. His dad gently restraining him from leaving the table.
I put my hand on his shoulder and asked him: "Why?"

The Troll sat there for a moment and said "I don't know. I don't know. I'm sorry. It was like a game thing."
A game thing.
So, that's what it was ...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 14, 2012, 10:10:10 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 13, 2012, 10:41:28 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on December 13, 2012, 06:18:14 PM
@TB

It appears that a lot of the bullying involves setting up fake Facebook accounts etc pretending to be the person and then posting all sorts of horrible stuff.

Impossible to imagine how this family is coping, hopefully the hoors that carried out the bullying are suffering now.
Scumbags.

Your old friend who didn't like the fleas had a similar problem with one of her children that warranted police involvement.  A fake account was set-up in the boys name and bad abuse was fired at one girl in particular on a very frequent basis.  It was the girk who set it up and sent herself the messages trying to make it look like it was from him.  There were boys waiting for him at the bus stop etc and it got a bit out of hand.
Just reading this now. I am not surprised that something as deranged would happen in that family as she is not wise.

Boycey

I've seen this a couple of times on my social media over the last couple of days and it troubles me greatly.

https://www.iradio.ie/celebrities-rallied-behind-bullied-boy-heartbreaking-plea-mother-went-viral/

I've no clue of the back story to it and have mixed feelings on whether it should ever have been posted but it sure is powerful.

When I originally posted this I didn't notice the suicide element to the thread maybe I should move it?

Minder

Quote from: Boycey on December 11, 2017, 05:40:17 PM
I've seen this a couple of times on my social media over the last couple of days and it troubles me greatly.

https://www.iradio.ie/celebrities-rallied-behind-bullied-boy-heartbreaking-plea-mother-went-viral/

I've no clue of the back story to it and have mixed feelings on whether it should ever have been posted but it sure is powerful.

When I originally posted this I didn't notice the suicide element to the thread maybe I should move it?

Have to say I was a bit cynical as to the mothers motives and it seems I was right to be, she is asking people to PayPal her money and think there may be a Go Fund me on the go too

Oh and she seems to be a raging racist too 
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2017, 06:39:03 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 11, 2017, 05:40:17 PM

Have to say I was a bit cynical as to the mothers motives
and it seems I was right to be, she is asking people to PayPal her money and think there may be a Go Fund me on the go too

Oh and she seems to be a raging racist too
I was myself too when I saw it first.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Regardless of whether his mother is trying to cash in or is a racist you would have to be made of stone not to feel for the young fella..