Is it finally time to tax our Lycra clad cyclists ?

Started by highorlow, July 29, 2017, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Time to get these pests to pay road tax like the rest of us.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

gallsman

highorlow

thebigfella

When you pay online, does it go to a nice Nigerian fella?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

DickyRock

I've never paid road tax in the north as it was abolished long before I was born :P. There's no tax that directly goes on to roads afaik.

The Subbie

Quote from: laoislad on July 29, 2017, 10:27:32 PM
They are all a shower of c***ts.
That's a bit harsh on Nigerian princes, bit of history there by the sound of it

heffo

We pay motor tax in Ireland on motortax.ie - is it different up North?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2017, 10:33:16 PM

Haven't paid tax in a while, neither had wife
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

highorlow

Bike Tax should be brought in.  It should be scaled like motor tax so the Lycra lads with their expensive bikes pay more, akin to the 4x4 brigade.  All hi nellies exempt like classic cars.

Tony Baloney

For this. Not all of them are pests but a large proportion are wankers. Some fella was killed a few weeks ago so there was a lot of bollox on social media about respecting cyclists. If I was a cyclist I'd be wanting respect the people driving the machinery.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 29, 2017, 11:09:45 PM
For this. Not all of them are pests but a large proportion are w**kers. Some fella was killed a few weeks ago so there was a lot of bollox on social media about respecting cyclists. If I was a cyclist I'd be wanting respect the people driving the machinery.

There's as many dicks (percentage wise) driving both! They have been taxing bikes in Europe for years, don't see the problem as long as they use the money to create cycle lanes... we are still building new roads without putting them in place

But I've never seen as worst car drivers than I did this summer States side, fecking dicks of the highest order
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2017, 11:35:01 PM
For this. Not all of them are pests but a large proportion are w**kers. Some fella was killed a few weeks ago so there was a lot of bollox on social media about respecting cyclists. If I was a cyclist I'd be wanting respect the people driving the machinery.

There's as many dicks (percentage wise) driving both! They have been taxing bikes in Europe for years, don't see the problem as long as they use the money to create cycle lanes... we are still building new roads without putting them in place

But I've never seen as worst car drivers than I did this summer States side, fecking dicks of the highest order
Cycle lanes are for towns and cities and Im all for them. Its the pricks out on the weekend holding up traffic that are a scourge.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: heffo on July 29, 2017, 10:33:16 PM

Up to April 2017, the motor tax or Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) was based on CO2 emissions, so some cars were duty free, some polluters like my 2L diesel VW only charged £30, other slight polluters like a little old petrol 1.2L charged up to £100.  All based on reducing CO2 while ignoring NOx output which is not regarded by governments or car manufacturers in Europe. Even now there is no legislation on it.

The result of so many fuel efficient engines both petrol and diesel was that UK income from VED has drastically fallen. So, from April 2017, all new cars are charged a base level of duty of £140 pa and a sliding scale surcharge based on CO2 output. Cars costs over £40k have an additional surcharge of £310 pa

The only exemptions are for electric cars which are not charged duty except for cars costing over £40k pay £310 pa, e.g. any Tesla even though they are non-direct polluters.

punt kick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 30, 2017, 12:41:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2017, 11:35:01 PM

Cycle lanes are for towns and cities and Im all for them. Its the pricks out on the weekend holding up traffic that are a scourge.

Yip riding 4 abreast even tractors pull over when they are holding up traffic - not these shower of fuckwits!