Arseholes

Started by seafoid, January 08, 2016, 09:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: trileacman on July 15, 2017, 01:25:05 PM
I don't mind Mc Gregor too much. I don't like him but the only thing I truly hate about him is the trash talk and "fair play to him" fanboys. The same f**kers who tell ya fair play to him for being so successful yet couldn't hate Rory or gmac enough despite being Irishmen who have went out to the world and achieved more. The same boys who'll have time for an arrogant showboater (staged or otherwise) but can call those golfers smug.

That must be me so. I admire McGregor for getting into a brutal game, hyping it up and making himself rich and a house hold name the world over. I mean in pro boxing and MMA, do you think there is some noble sporting notion at play? Me I think it is a brutal game more akin to being a gladiator - make money, get out. Fair play to him.

I do not, however, admire a pair of pricks that wouldn't represent their country at the olympics over a made up excuse about a fly. Especially the one who doesn't have the balls to declare what country he should play for.

gallsman

People advising/influencing the parents of Charlie Gard.

armaghniac

Derry arseholes, pretending to loyalists.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2017, 07:11:18 PM

Last years bonfire....this one hasn't been erected yet

Owen Brannigan

For building a bonfire or for being so bad at it compared to the orangemen?

armaghniac

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 27, 2017, 09:15:58 PM

True, but the article suggested that a repeat was proposed.

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 27, 2017, 09:23:24 PM

For building a ridiculous bonfire, probably in the name of Republicanism or some such, when carrying on in a way that is not associated with any part of Ireland other than loyalist areas.

Orior

Trying to copy the culture of those devoid of any culture. Very sad.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2017, 10:25:53 PM

For building a ridiculous bonfire, probably in the name of Republicanism or some such, when carrying on in a way that is not associated with any part of Ireland other than loyalist areas.

Well it seemed to be very acceptable during the 70's and through to the late 80's due to interment, directed by republicans but hey ho, mimicking each other seems to have been the thing then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2017, 12:22:36 AM

Well it seemed to be very acceptable during the 70's and through to the late 80's due to interment, directed by republicans but hey ho, mimicking each other seems to have been the thing then

I'll bet you the price of your holiday that most of the arseholes organising this bonfire were not born in the 1980s.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2017, 12:52:41 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 28, 2017, 12:22:36 AM

I'll bet you the price of your holiday that most of the arseholes organising this bonfire were not born in the 1980s.

And did I say they were?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

So, again those who need it most are left bereft of community leadership. No difference if you are nominally Catholic or Protestant.

johnneycool

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 28, 2017, 01:29:51 PM
So, again those who need it most are left bereft of community leadership. No difference if you are nominally Catholic or Protestant.

Could the SDLP fill that void?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: johnneycool on July 28, 2017, 01:47:26 PM

Don't think loyalist youth would have much truck with them.

armaghniac

The usual both sides are the same is not true in this case, as it usually isn't. In fairness, the article in the Bele Tele yesterday from which I took the photo stated that there was a residents committee and that SF representatives attended and were trying to sort this, but other parties had not attended (according to SF anyway).

Then you have the motion in Belfast City council calling on bonfires to be cleared away, which the unionists are not supporting.

johnneycool

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 28, 2017, 02:34:17 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 28, 2017, 01:47:26 PM

Don't think loyalist youth would have much truck with them.

Neither do the Nationalist youth and therein lies their problem.