People who you thought were arseholes...but who seem decent now.

Started by 5 Sams, November 06, 2015, 09:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

If we were to invert this thread and call seemingly decent people arseholes, who would you suggest?

I'd nominate Ted and Ruby Walsh on a joint-award; just can't stand either of the conceited pair.

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

AZOffaly

Quote from: stiffler on November 09, 2015, 12:56:05 PM
Joe brolly

Joe seems to be a dichotomy. 1 part complete arsehole regarding the GAA, and 1 part sound in his work with organ donation etc.

Also a third part Walter Mitty (I was talking to a county player blah blah) :)

gallsman

Quote from: mouview on November 09, 2015, 12:43:10 PM
If we were to invert this thread and call seemingly decent people arseholes, who would you suggest?

I'd nominate Ted and Ruby Walsh on a joint-award; just can't stand either of the conceited pair.

Jarlath Burns. Find him to be annoyingly preachy.

Stephen Fry. Beloved figure of the intelligentsia but rather annoying.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2015, 01:21:13 PM

Ha, I would actually have Jarlath the other way around, used to dislike him mainly cos he was an Armagh diehard :) But I find myself respecting and agreeing with more and more of hat he says, but you are right that he doesnt have a great delivery.

Would agree on Stephen Fry tho, I think what finally got to me with him was the glum raised eyebrow look, gives the impression he is talking down to people all the time. Also dont think alot of what he says is that original ....but sure then who is really?

NAG1

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 09, 2015, 04:02:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 09, 2015, 01:21:13 PM

Ha, I would actually have Jarlath the other way around, used to dislike him mainly cos he was an Armagh diehard :) But I find myself respecting and agreeing with more and more of hat he says, but you are right that he doesnt have a great delivery.

Would agree on Stephen Fry tho, I think what finally got to me with him was the glum raised eyebrow look, gives the impression he is talking down to people all the time. Also dont think alot of what he says is that original ....but sure then who is really?

GM - That because he is 99% of the time.

muppet

Sam Maguire.

At least I will think he is decent when he finally heads west, the bollix.
MWWSI 2017