People who you thought were arseholes...but who seem decent now.

Started by 5 Sams, November 06, 2015, 09:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on November 06, 2015, 09:35:07 PM
Don't admit to things like this. It shows weakness.

Yeah, first impressions last. Unless you are a bad judge of character, and who will admit to that?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Kidder81 on November 07, 2015, 11:43:05 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 06, 2015, 10:20:37 PM
Tyson Fury

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3308639/Is-Tyson-Fury-fit-fight-Wladimir-Klitschko-world-heavyweight-title-Read-vile-homophobic-slurs-bizarre-rants-devil-worshippers-Armageddon.html

Although Fury does say controversial things, mostly to get noticed, he has recently been much less irritating in my opinion, hence my choice of him in this thread. However, if I'm looking for social or moral guidance I wouldn't necessarily be looking to Fury or the Daily Mail for that matter. Anyway, this is a tweet from Fury in response.

@Tyson_Fury: @OllieHolt22 @DailyMailUK why not release the full interview instead of just the bits you thought might make me sound bad?? Oliver Wtf?????

Tony Baloney

Tyronie's have lower moral standards than everyone else so not surprising. ;D

stew

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 08, 2015, 12:42:17 AM
Tyronie's have lower moral standards than everyone else so not surprising. ;D

Except for Downies that is! ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Tyson Fury

WTF

He is getting steadily more annoying with his self deluded thoughts that he is actually a decent fighter.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2015, 10:07:11 AM
Tyson Fury

WTF

He is getting steadily more annoying with his self deluded thoughts that he is actually a decent fighter.

He's very much a decent fighter. Nobody's calling him Muhammad Ali but "decent" isn't overly praising him.

BennyHarp

Quote from: NAG1 on November 09, 2015, 10:07:11 AM
Tyson Fury

WTF

On a very basic level, he used to annoy me and now he doesn't - hence why I mentioned him.

I have always found him an interesting (and admittedly annoying) character but over the past few months I have taken a bit of time to listen to and watch a few of his interviews away from the main press conferences and he can talk a lot of sense about the sport of boxing. (see some of his interviews with Kugan Cassius on IFL TV) A lot of his public utterings at press conferences and on Twitter are either born of his beliefs from his traveller upbringing, which makes a lot of people feel uncomfortable, or pure and simple nonsense designed to spark outrage, raise his profile and sell himself and his fights. He makes no secret of this fact.

Like I said before, I don't look to boxers for my moral guidance and don't get outraged when they make comments that upset the public at large because as fighting men, I don't expect them to be role models in the politically correct world we live in. I would, however, say that Fury is much more intelligent and a much better fighter than people give him credit for.