Sean Penn Speaks Truth to Bush and His Criminal Admin

Started by Seamus, March 30, 2007, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: J70 on March 31, 2007, 05:27:45 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 30, 2007, 09:35:36 PM

Penn is absolutely correct and within reason to ask that question, and he gives the very valid reason -- surely you are aware that there are so many who don't have a choice? So many who are press-ganged into service there, but so few of the politicoes' kids. 

The US millitary is made up completely of volunteers. No one is forcing anyone to join. Everyone who joins the active military, reserves and National Guard is aware that they may see active duty in a war. Penn is weakening his argument by using the Bush twins to support it.

Did you see that Michael Moore documentary J70, Fahrenheit 9/11; technically they may all be volunteers, but in practice there's very little that's voluntary about it. It's de facto conscription for underprivileged and the poor.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

turk

I used to like Sean Penn in Sharpe - he was good as the villian in Goldeneye aswell

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 31, 2007, 06:26:55 AM
... was a vote taken in '03 when the whole world believed Saddam had WMD's but again...

Sorry TO, but that snippet of incredible inaccuracy blows a hole a mile wide in your own piece. Seems to me you're totally blind to the massive propaganda you're being fed there.

J70

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 31, 2007, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 31, 2007, 05:27:45 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 30, 2007, 09:35:36 PM

Penn is absolutely correct and within reason to ask that question, and he gives the very valid reason -- surely you are aware that there are so many who don't have a choice? So many who are press-ganged into service there, but so few of the politicoes' kids. 

The US millitary is made up completely of volunteers. No one is forcing anyone to join. Everyone who joins the active military, reserves and National Guard is aware that they may see active duty in a war. Penn is weakening his argument by using the Bush twins to support it.

Did you see that Michael Moore documentary J70, Fahrenheit 9/11; technically they may all be volunteers, but in practice there's very little that's voluntary about it. It's de facto conscription for underprivileged and the poor.

How? No one is holding a gun to their head forcing them to join. There is no compulsory military service like in many other countries. Sure, the military offers carrots such as tuition assistance to entice people to join, but whether or not some one joins to take advantage of those bonuses is entirely a decision for themselves. Its not like they have no other option in life.

gallsman

Turk, how dare you confuse Sean Penn with that English twat Sean Bean! Ever since I first saw Bean trying to play an IRA man in 'Patriot Games', I haven't been able to contain my laughter any time I see him!

Back to the issue at hand. While Penn does tend to rand, he does indeed raise some very good points. Perhaps he was out of line having a go at the twins, but in fairness he does ask if they supported their Dad's policy in Iraq, and if so, why weren't they doing their patriotic duty, instead of leaving it to the next high school dropout ambushed by army recruiters.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: J70 on March 31, 2007, 02:10:01 PM
How? No one is holding a gun to their head forcing them to join. There is no compulsory military service like in many other countries. Sure, the military offers carrots such as tuition assistance to entice people to join, but whether or not some one joins to take advantage of those bonuses is entirely a decision for themselves. Its not like they have no other option in life.

In theory yes, in practice no. Catch that Moore documentary if you can, it's an eye-opener.

Bogball XV

Quote from: gallsman on March 31, 2007, 02:19:41 PM
Perhaps he was out of line having a go at the twins, but in fairness he does ask if they supported their Dad's policy in Iraq, and if so, why weren't they doing their patriotic duty, instead of leaving it to the next high school dropout ambushed by army recruiters.
Maybe they don't support dad's decision to invade Iraq, maybe they did at the time, based on the hysteria that was whipped up at the time re WMD, but in hindsight, they think probably dad shouldn't have bothered, maybe they don't particularly care cos it's going on in Iraq and that's pretty far away.....  Regardless, they probably think it's not really something they have a need to discuss with Mr. Penn. 
BTW I thought he was better in "When Saturday Comes" than Patriot Games, the accent was way off in that.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 31, 2007, 01:09:17 PM
... was a vote taken in '03 when the whole world believed Saddam had WMD's but again...

Sorry TO, but that snippet of incredible inaccuracy blows a hole a mile wide in your own piece. Seems to me you're totally blind to the massive propaganda you're being fed there.

You better believe we're being fed massive amounts of propaganda but its from the likes of your buddy Moore and that idiot Cindy Sheehan who by the way,
in a interview with her Berkeleyite tree hugging friends said that if she had it to do over again, she would never have allowed the media to exploit her son's death.
Of Course,i can't seem to find any of that information in the said liberal rags.
I don't expect you to know this since it obvious you rely solely on what your fed through the major media outlets, let me explain what goes on when some one's son or daughter is killed in combat
The family is contacted directly to they're home by one or more of the mainstream outlets, mind you at a time of Mourning, Frustration, anger, any and all of the human emotions
that are present when we lose someone, be it for any reason let alone war.
Now they start off sorry for your loss and all the rest of it then they go straight to work on the agenda, what is your belief of this war?, do you think we should be in Iraq or Afghanistan fighting this war, what would you want to say to Mr Bush and his administration with what he has brought to your doorstep.
If they get the answers they're after then wholla you have a cindy Sheehan on your hands, if they don't get the answers they want the phone call is cut short and they're gone.
So much for "we're sorry for the loss of this great soldier" or any other type of support for the families at this time of heart break but they do fully support the troops cause Penn said so
right? They are lobbying to try to cut funding from them, how's that for support.
What's going on here couldn't be more wrong and its unfortunate that people like most here on this board are and can only go off what is transmitted across the ocean, there are two sides to every story but when the media have an agenda then what chance do any of us have to any real truths in any situation.
So FoSB if what im being fed here is Propaganda then please enlighten me with where you're getting your real information from.

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Elias

Quality speech Mr. Penn, hold the Bush administration accountable for all thier actions, Nixon fell from office for a lot, lot less.

Seamus

Not a Moore fan, he wants to keep this Left V Right propaganda going.  Sean Penn is correct in everything he said but he would also need to include the Democrats as the vast majority of them voted for this illegal war knowing full well it was based on lies.   

What we have is one party in the disguise of two and most people cannot see through it. Clinton also committed war crimes and was as much involved in the drugs for guns deals during the eighties while Governor of Arkansas as Reagan, North and the Bush Crime Family etc.  Those deals initially brought crack cocaine to the slums of LA and NY but that's another story. Clinton now goes on regular vacations with his great buddies, George H and George W, together they have some belly laughs at the gullible public.

I was never for the Iraqi war, never fell for the propaganda. Whatever WMD they had in the first place was sold to them by the US. It's immaterial in any case as the reasons for war had nothing to do with WMD. It had nothing to do with freeing Iraq from a brutal Dictatorship, a Dictator the US put in place. It had a lot to do with oil. Saddam started selling his oil in Euros and became dispensable, now Iran is doing the same. This illegal war has gone completely according to plan and we are told otherwise. They have closed down the oil wells, the price of crude oil has quadrupled. There is a civil war in Iraq and the US military has a strategic position in the Middle East for its future illegal wars.

With at least 100 years US governments haven't cared about its citizens lives. Remember Kissinger's famous quote regarding US troops and US foreign policy?  We are lied to regarding the number of dead US soldiers in Iraq, it is closer to 15K than 3K.  None of the controlled media mention DU and its harm for present and future generations. Bush is not looking for funding for the army but for Halliburton, Bechtel and his dad's Carlyle Group.

Now the propaganda machine moves on to Iran. Where next, Seria? Lebanon? It's time for us to stand up and be counted.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Tyrones own

"Bush is not looking for funding for the army but for Halliburton, Bechtel and his dad's Carlyle Group."

Yea Seamus and once again let me flip the coin over for you so that you can see the other side too.
I rest my case :D

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54932
  - Walter Lippmann

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 31, 2007, 05:16:56 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 31, 2007, 01:09:17 PM

You better believe we're being fed massive amounts of propaganda but its from the likes of your buddy Moore and that idiot Cindy Sheehan who by the way,
in a interview with her Berkeleyite tree hugging friends said that if she had it to do over again, she would never have allowed the media to exploit her son's death.
Of Course,i can't seem to find any of that information in the said liberal rags.
I don't expect you to know this since it obvious you rely solely on what your fed through the major media outlets, let me explain what goes on when some one's son or daughter is killed in combat
The family is contacted directly to they're home by one or more of the mainstream outlets, mind you at a time of Mourning, Frustration, anger, any and all of the human emotions
that are present when we lose someone, be it for any reason let alone war.
Now they start off sorry for your loss and all the rest of it then they go straight to work on the agenda, what is your belief of this war?, do you think we should be in Iraq or Afghanistan fighting this war, what would you want to say to Mr Bush and his administration with what he has brought to your doorstep.
If they get the answers they're after then wholla you have a cindy Sheehan on your hands, if they don't get the answers they want the phone call is cut short and they're gone.
So much for "we're sorry for the loss of this great soldier" or any other type of support for the families at this time of heart break but they do fully support the troops cause Penn said so
right? They are lobbying to try to cut funding from them, how's that for support.
What's going on here couldn't be more wrong and its unfortunate that people like most here on this board are and can only go off what is transmitted across the ocean, there are two sides to every story but when the media have an agenda then what chance do any of us have to any real truths in any situation.
So FoSB if what im being fed here is Propaganda then please enlighten me with where you're getting your real information from.

=

Yes TO, insofar as I can make out, you're blinded by propaganda, and please don't bombard me with the names of any 'liberal' or 'conservative' commentators -- I'm strictly coming from a common-sense perspective.

I was in New York 4 years ago, when a couple of Irish-Amercians articulated to us about how proud they were of the Yanks invading Iraq. When my pal pointed out to them that that invasion and occupation was in essence no different from the British invasion and occupation of Ireland they disappeared very quickly, and could not find the words to  defend the indefensible. Are you really telling  me, that it's OK for Iraq to be invaded and occupied, and that that is different in some way than Ireland's invasion and occupation? Spare me the US propaganda please, and note too that that same propaganda is wearing ever thinner.

And you stil have not addressed my 'whole world believed Saddam had WMDs', -- will you at least acknowledge just how ludicrous that statement was? It bears absolutely no relation to reality whatsoever, and the only resonance it has firmly resounds within the Murdoch controlled media.,

Seamus

Quote from: Tyrones own on March 31, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
"Bush is not looking for funding for the army but for Halliburton, Bechtel and his dad's Carlyle Group."

Yea Seamus and once again let me flip the coin over for you so that you can see the other side too.
I rest my case :D

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54932

I thought it was very obvious that from my last post where I stand with regards to the Democrats and Republicans, they are both the same, massively corrupt, no difference whatsoever.  The Democrats proved this, as if proof were needed, when they did not repeal the draconian Patriot Acts and The 2006 Military Commissions Act when they took over control of Congress and Senate. Ron Paul a Republican from Texas is the only one from that gang worth considering for President.  I am a Constitutionalist and we all know what happened to the Constitution and Bill of Rights, especially since 911.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Tyrones own

My common sense tells me that in posting this dung from Penn in the first place and the resounding Agreeing with him amongst most of you that
it wreaked of Bush hating, you seem to have toned it down a little with respect to your last post being that it was the first of many to actually state
that there is no difference what so ever in the Democrats and republicans.
I am not a huge supporter of Bush at all but what i was taking offence to was the fact that Penn and the rest of them are self confessed Bush haters and
are out there pushing this crap down the throats of public opinion to forge they're own agenda. If this is the kind of material that some of you base your opinions on, well it is well and truly wide of the mark imo
That's all im going to say on this matter because most of you with the exception of a few do not reside here in this country, its a non argument for anyone who isn't living it on a daily basis, its apples and oranges at that point.

- Walter Lippmann

Seamus

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 01, 2007, 01:06:58 AM

That's all im going to say on this matter because most of you with the exception of a few do not reside here in this country, its a non argument for anyone who isn't living it on a daily basis, its apples and oranges at that point.

I live in the States but believe this is of importance to everybody worldwide because we are either already in World War 111 or on the brink of it.