Shaving Blades

Started by bennydorano, December 19, 2012, 08:36:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

I've had the same Gillette Fusion blade (non-battery) on the go since August, i think that must be a record as i generally toss them after a couple of weeks & have seen ones not last a week.

Still short of my da's record of 3 years outa the one Bic in the 80's  thou :D

BenDover

I find that the wilkinson sword quattro seem to last a brave while

laoislad

I've tried them all but always end up going back to the Mach 3.
I find they last the longest and give the best shave.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aristo 60

I was one for the expensive blades and the fancy chrome handles etc until a few years back when I decided to give the disposalables a go. The auld fella had been using these for ever and a day and low and behold I'm now a complete convert. They give a good enough shave and stay cleaner than the expensive systems which with our water always became clogged with limescale and eventually plain old gunk.

Boots knock the disposalables out in packs of 10 for about £1.75 and I'd have no bother getting 18 months out of them.

I do like the idea of seeing how long I could get from one blade - maybe just bringing in a substitute blade for weddings and job interviews etc.

southdown

Iv got the Tesco version of the Mach 3, fraction of the price and just as good

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: BenDover on December 19, 2012, 09:17:33 AM
I find that the wilkinson sword quattro seem to last a brave while

+1

Milltown Row2

Seriously expensive thing to have, they aren't that expensive either to make, 3 fine blades made of hardened alloy steel. Priced way too much. I can't use the disposables and they usually leave my face and neck in cuts and nicks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Some expense those bloody blades. They must get NASA to make them.

Can't use disposables. They rip the face off me.

ballinaman

Know a few lads who are living in the states using DollarShaveClub, said its quality. Be great if they set it up here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

southdown

I read somewhere before that something like 2 thirds of the cost of gillette products are used to cover their huge advertising costs while the other third goes into the actual production of the products. 

Minder

Quote from: southdown on December 19, 2012, 09:50:48 AM

So they fit the Gillette Mach 3 razor ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Puckoon

Read a few reviews of that Dollar Shaving Club and it seems pretty stellar.

I grew a beard, now I trim my neck and my upper cheek once a week, maybe twice if I'm feeling frisky. I've been using the same blade since September.

laoislad

Quote from: southdown on December 19, 2012, 09:50:48 AM

I got them and they are dreadful.
Very cheap but will only last one or two shaves and very easy cut yourself with them.
I suppose it all depends on how much stubble you have,mine grows fairly thick and very fast plus I also shave my head at the same time so I need a decent blade.
The disposable ones aren't worth a feck imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Iceman

Quote from: Puckoon on December 19, 2012, 04:18:13 PM
Read a few reviews of that Dollar Shaving Club and it seems pretty stellar.

I grew a beard, now I trim my neck and my upper cheek once a week, maybe twice if I'm feeling frisky. I've been using the same blade since September.

Yous must have wile soft stubble. My razors would be blunt in about 3 weeks and I shave twice a week like yourself puck with the bear grown. Sick buying new blades will definitely check out this dollar blade club when we land out west
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

Soft stubble wouldn't be what I'm known for. I'm just subborn and I feel the odd pinch as the blades pull one out but every time I stand at the razor aisle I just can't pull the trigger. I keep telling myself I'll find a coupon for them next week!