Your 1st "real" concert...

Started by 5 Sams, October 18, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

First big one I can remember was U2 PopMart in Botanic Gardens around 1997. Must have been to something before that though  ???

Orior

Quote from: ardal on October 18, 2011, 11:22:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 18, 2011, 11:20:17 PM
What age are you hoors?! Did anyone see Buddy Holly?

They're all handy enough to work out, more or less, except for that bollo+cks Orior, when were the nolans and glitter about? Early 70´s? Makes him about 55 yrs old if right

Close, but no cigar.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

FL/MAYO

U2 Leisureland Galway January 1982, only a few hundred at the concert.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2011, 11:34:19 PM
Quote from: ardal on October 18, 2011, 11:22:50 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 18, 2011, 11:20:17 PM
What age are you hoors?! Did anyone see Buddy Holly?

They're all handy enough to work out, more or less, except for that bollo+cks Orior, when were the nolans and glitter about? Early 70´s? Makes him about 55 yrs old if right

Close, but no cigar.
Squeeze would have been bigger late 70s so I'd say year of birth is c.1960 making you 51/52.

Mayo4Sam

Do the saw doctors in the town square in Ballina count?

If not then U2 landsdown road
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Puckoon

The prodigy in the kings hall, Belshaft. 1995, or 1996 cant remember. T'was a december I think.

mc_grens

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Oasis - (supported by The Prodigy and The Bootleg Beatles) - Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork City - 1996
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

DownFanatic

Oasis at the Limelight in Belfast in September 1994. The night that they went to Number 1 with Definitely Maybe :) Everyone says that they were there that night.

Slane 2003 with RHCP, Foo Fighters, QOTSA, PJ Harvey and Feeder.

Lone Shark

Blink (the original Irish version obviously!) outside Tullamore Harriers, 1994 Telethon. Followed by Whipping Boy in Athlone IT the following year.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Boycey on October 18, 2011, 11:15:29 PM
AC/DC supported by Y&T, RDS Simmonscourt 22nd Oct 1982. Still one of my all time favourites too..

Mine too, I can still remember it, what an introduction to concerts. I had a studded wrist band and denim jacket will all the patches.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Abble

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on October 18, 2011, 11:47:38 PM
Do the saw doctors in the town square in Ballina count?

If not then U2 landsdown road

Do the saw doctors at the arena in Armagh count?

If not then Goats Dont shave same venue

If not then U2 landsdown road - zooropa

Shamrock Shore

nrico2006

Still a concert virgin, but I always said I would go and see Justin Timberlake when he is next in Belfast.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

brokencrossbar1

The Four of Us Newry town hall circa 1991. First real one was Feile 1991, first band I went in to see were the Stiffs, unreal, Inxs were amazing that weekend!