Champions league Semi-Finals

Started by new devil, April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Schalke V Man United
Real Madrid V Barcelona
(Ties to be played 26/27 April & 3/4th May)

Two great ties with Real playing Barca 3 times in just over 3 weeks

United V Real Madrid final for me  :)

ardal

Horrible feeling about Real, but I'll go with

Barca vs Schalke

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: new devil on April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM
Schalke V Man United
Real Madrid V Barcelona
(Ties to be played 26/27 April & 3/4th May)

Two great ties with Real playing Barca 3 times in just over 3 weeks

United V Real Madrid final for me  :)

4 times actually, league this sat night + spanish cup final next wednesday
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ross4life

Yep & looking forward to all the four games.. never count out the Germans or Jose Mourinho & wouldn't it be some story if it were Raul v Madrid?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Look lets not talk about Utd not being in the final. it would be a disaster if Utd failed to beat an totally inexperienced Champions league team at this stage. Schalke are doing crap in the German league and while having form in the CL, Utd should beat them.

Utd can lose these games (Monaco) but they should prevail and set up a good grudge match against Barca. Fergie will have to get his tactics right for that game. Otherwise same result
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EC Unique

Just great to be in them at this stage. ;D

I fancy Utd and Barca to make the Final.

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2011, 10:33:05 PM
Look lets not talk about Utd not being in the final. it would be a disaster if Utd failed to beat an totally inexperienced Champions league team at this stage. Schalke are doing crap in the German league and while having form in the CL, Utd should beat them.

Utd can lose these games (Monaco) but they should prevail and set up a good grudge match against Barca. Fergie will have to get his tactics right for that game. Otherwise same result

So you think it was poor tactics that beat Utd two years ago?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

United have it in the bag. No doubt about it.

Ross, just so you know, the above is an example of what we grown-ups call "sarcasm".

Quote from: EC Unique on April 13, 2011, 10:34:23 PM

That's a really bold prediction. Well done.

ross4life

Quote from: gallsman on April 13, 2011, 10:37:45 PM

Ross, just so you know, the above is an example of what we grown-ups call "sarcasm".

You grown up  :D your a real comedian!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2011, 10:36:13 PM

No they are the best team playing in the world, Utd need to employ a tactic that will win the game, ultra defensive/spoiling and just win the game. No one cares after a few years how the game was won
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orangemac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2011, 10:43:09 PM

No they are the best team playing in the world, Utd need to employ a tactic that will win the game, ultra defensive/spoiling and just win the game. No one cares after a few years how the game was won
If both teams progress Fergie knows Barca will have 60 to 65% possession. Barca will pass Utd to death but Utd have a chance.

United will sit deep with probably Park, Carrick and Fletcher/Giggs across the middle and rely on Rooney to be on song. Barca can be got at as Arsenal showed.It is hard to see Nani starting.

wanderer

Quote from: Orangemac on April 13, 2011, 11:45:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 13, 2011, 10:43:09 PM

If both teams progress Fergie knows Barca will have 60 to 65% possession. Barca will pass Utd to death but Utd have a chance.

United will sit deep with probably Park, Carrick and Fletcher/Giggs across the middle and rely on Rooney to be on song. Barca can be got at as Arsenal showed.It is hard to see Nani starting.

If (and its a big if) Utd & Barca make the final I would think Ferguson would go with (fitness permitting)
VDS
O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Valencia Fletcher Scholes Giggs Park
Rooney
The other option would be Hernadez for Scholes with rooney dropping back into the support striker position, to stop barca building from the back. I think you need a balance of energy, pace and ability to keep the ball, otherwise Barca will just win it back within 30 secs

EC Unique

Quote from: gallsman on April 13, 2011, 10:37:45 PM

Oh dear, not taking all this Manchester United progress well at all. Loving it. Keep it coming. :-*

brokencrossbar1

You would have to fancy United to get through but I have a sneaking suspicion that Real will beat Barca. That would set up an amazing scenario in Wembley. I reckon with the EPL more or less in the bag Fergie will see this as his last hurrah.  Playing against an old nemesis with his old darling Cronaldo too.  With Mourhinho a strong candidate to replace Whiskey Nose it adds that extra spice.  United to win it for him, Slur Alex to announce retirement straight after it and The Special One to take over.

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 14, 2011, 09:57:50 AM
You would have to fancy United to get through but I have a sneaking suspicion that Real will beat Barca. That would set up an amazing scenario in Wembley. I reckon with the EPL more or less in the bag Fergie will see this as his last hurrah.  Playing against an old nemesis with his old darling Cronaldo too.  With Mourhinho a strong candidate to replace Whiskey Nose it adds that extra spice.  United to win it for him, Slur Alex to announce retirement straight after it and The Special One to take over.

I think regardless of what happens Fergie will be there next season.