Astronomy Thread

Started by ONeill, October 06, 2010, 09:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

See how bright Jupiter is tonight? (SE)

Well, what's that flickering hoor almost due West? It's not a planet. Is it Arcturus from Bootes?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

Just had a look there, jesus she is bright alright. Its amazing when you actually take the time and look up on a clear nite. Was watchin the last meteor shower a while back and seen a slow moving star going across the sky , turns out it was the international space station. Mad

drici

Tony Baloney

O'Neill, what app you using?

ONeill

It's called Planets and it's free I think. Well, it was months ago. Fairly useful app with a few things to mess about with.

Orior

I cant believe its taken us this long to start an astronomy thread, so good on you ONeill.

Btw, I'm Capricorn.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hedley Lamarr

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Hardy

Yes - good stuff.

Astronomy Ireland is worth a look:
http://www.astronomy.ie/freestuff.php

ONeill

Jupiter in fine fettle tonight. Wish I'd a telescope.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 07, 2010, 09:08:49 PM
Jupiter in fine fettle tonight. Wish I'd a telescope.
Downloaded thon app. The chap in the west definitely seems to be in Bootes.

Shamrock Shore

Cloudy here in Dublin so missing out (again)  >:(

Milltown Row2

My Knowledge on planets and stars positions is poor, so help me out. If i'm looking towards Cave hill from j,town where will i best see it? Or is it obvious?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2010, 10:45:19 PM
My Knowledge on planets and stars positions is poor, so help me out. If i'm looking towards Cave hill from j,town where will i best see it? Or is it obvious?

Stand on a chair and you will be able to see it better.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

What's the brightest thing in the sky, non-moon?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2010, 10:45:19 PM
Probably above east Belfast somewhere as it's about south south east. Best seen earlier in evening just as it's getting dark as it's the first light in the sky and really obvious.