Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offtheground

Just heard the Customs and Excise are on the road between Derry and Bridgend. Just incase any of youse are running the cherryderv....

Final Whistle

seen them in newry armagh road on SUNDAY around 6.30pm, they have no shame!

Doogie Browser

Was stopped by them last night, they are saturating the border at present.  They are more concerned with Vehicle registrations I think.

Hillbilly

Quote from: offtheground on April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM
Just heard the Customs and Excise are on the road between Derry and Bridgend. Just incase any of youse are running the cherryderv....
if they were on the broder they will move to the bridges and the YMCA at drumahoe after lunch.

pebble-dasher

great thread, keep her updated for the lads!

Doogie Browser

A friend of mine has moved across the border last year but still drives his Northern car, what does this friend need to do to avoid detection?

Cde

keep his northern licence and when stopped give his northern address, this will work in most cases especially when you have a northern accent.

Most times they get you because one of your neighbors reports you or picking your kids up from school

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Cde on April 15, 2010, 03:08:43 PM
keep his northern licence and when stopped give his northern address, this will work in most cases especially when you have a northern accent.

Most times they get you because one of your neighbors reports you or picking your kids up from school
Is it ok to have an old address on your license?  He was stopped last night going back home and was able to bluff his way out of it, sorta worried about him getting stopped on the way to work in the morning.  Harder for me - sorry him - to explain where he is coming from at that time of the morning.

longrunsthefox

Good thread alrite tho I remember a case here recently of a driver before the court for flashing his lights to warn motorists there was a road block ahead  :o

JohnDenver

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 03:23:56 PM
Good thread alrite tho I remember a case here recently of a driver before the court for flashing his lights to warn motorists there was a road block ahead  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBk4YTNKAiA

Doogie Browser

My friend was flashed at last night too by a very nice fellow driver, but as soon as he got round the corner the hoors were already there. 
My friends big problem will be if they turn up at his house.  Is there some spoofing you can do about not being a full time resident of the property if you still have an address in the north? 

maggie

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 15, 2010, 03:48:24 PM
My friend was flashed at last night too by a very nice fellow driver, but as soon as he got round the corner the hoors were already there. 
My friends big problem will be if they turn up at his house.  Is there some spoofing you can do about not being a full time resident of the property if you still have an address in the north?

It is nice to see someone so concerned for their friends.

youbetterbelieveit

Doogie, If your friend own his car for more than six months before he made the move south of the border, he can now get the plates changed for free.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on April 15, 2010, 04:03:19 PM
Doogie, If your friend own his car for more than six months before he made the move south of the border, he can now get the plates changed for free.
Thats a gimme for sure, but his car is kanckered and he would ideally like to wait until he has a better car before he changes his plates  :P

DuffleKing

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 03:23:56 PM

Urban myth