What's your plans for the Christmas lads and lasses?

Started by 5 Sams, December 05, 2009, 12:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 11:13:27 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 05, 2009, 11:11:38 AM
Quote from: new devil on December 05, 2009, 01:49:53 AM
Why do freestaters say "the" christmas?
Christmas =25th .
the Christmas is short for the Christmas period = 24th-4th .
At least for me.

Will you go to Christmas eve Mass or Christmas morning Mass?

None, it's nonsense. Can't remember the last time I was at mass .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on December 05, 2009, 11:17:17 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 11:14:41 AM
Oh and for me I will be leaving behind the shitehole that is Dublin and heading down the country to my homeland

Stay down there. I'm sure the local dole office will be happy to see you . At a Dub can take your job.

Never been on the dole in my life....I dunno how a Dub could take my job either,I'm self employed and don't limit myself to working in Dublin in fact I do everything I can to get work outside of it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Few days down here then up to the North for the rest of the break.  NY in Cross for a clatter of stout.

ziggysego

To me, Christmas is about spending time with love ones, which is what I'll be doing this Christmas. Christmas with family and visiting friends this festive season.

I agree with ONeill, spending Christmas half-way up a mountain in Kerry seems very lonely and goes against the grain of Christmas. I'd have to wonder what you've done, that has driven you to that.
Testing Accessibility

redhugh

Full clann gathering in my sister's house.10 adults 11 kids,3 dogs,1 parrot and 2 14lb turkeys.

gawa316

All out to my ma's for the 29 year in a row. 97 yr old Gran, Ma, Da, Sis, Bro-in-law, Bro, Sis-in-law, Wifey, Niece, 3 nephews and 2 bumps!!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: redhugh on December 05, 2009, 12:22:25 PM
Full clann gathering in my sister's house.10 adults 11 kids,3 dogs,1 parrot and 2 14lb turkeys.

And a partridge in a pear tree...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mournerambler

For years our Christmas consisted of eating too much, drinking too much & visiting people that you don't really like :o,
Then 3 years ago my wife & I agreed that from then on we wouldn't go anywhere on Christmas day, we felt it wasn't fair on our 2 girls to drag them away from the toys that Santa had left & bring them half way round the country visiting every tom dick & harry.
We told all our friends & family that our door was open to them all on Christmas day & it was the best thing we could have done, now we just eat too much & drink too much.

longrunsthefox

Family... family... family.... camcorder and the creep down the stairs with Mrs Fox and the cubs in case Santa has fallen asleep on the sofa. Walk in the park... no Mass (see priests thread  :o)... dinner... only time of the year we can eat a turkey in peace. Lie about... TV... and next morning listen to locals thinking they are witty by saying, "It's as far away as ever"  :-\
Ziggy-sorry I missed your birthday. I mite do the Greencastle 5 on Boxing Day ... I'll walk it (as in not run it.) 

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 02:09:01 PM
Family... family... family.... camcorder and the creep down the stairs with Mrs Fox and the cubs in case Santa has fallen asleep on the sofa. Walk in the park... no Mass (see priests thread  :o)... dinner... only time of the year we can eat a turkey in peace. Lie about... TV... and next morning listen to locals thinking they are witty by saying, "It's as far away as ever"  :-\
Ziggy-sorry I missed your birthday. I mite do the Greencastle 5 on Boxing Day ... I'll walk it (as in not run it.)

What day?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 02:09:55 PM

What day?

Eh? Boxing Day... the day after Christmas Day... don't tell me you haven't heard of it... same day as Stephen's Day  ;)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 05, 2009, 02:12:05 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2009, 02:09:55 PM

What day?

Eh? Boxing Day... the day after Christmas Day... don't tell me you haven't heard of it... same day as Stephen's Day  ;)

I thought it was just the British who called it Boxing Day.. ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

Not all Irish people come from where you came from, TG  :)