7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

stew

Quote from: Main Street on February 04, 2018, 12:53:11 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2018, 07:29:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 05:17:42 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2018, 05:15:05 PM
Rangers' fans departing yet again to the raucous strains of "there's only one Neil Lennon" was more than decent compensation.

Wonder would Lennon ever be considered for the (Rep.) Ireland Job?

I'd like to see him given a shot at it.

Yes, wonder would it be seen as a step up to Manager Ireland over Hibernian?
As things stand, I think he'd be the most obvious candidate. He did an exceptional job at Bolton to keep them up with an astounding run of results against all the odds and then got rid off after they sold him down the river.
There are 3 certainties, O'Neill will come a cropper with banal hoofball, taxes and death.
But unfortunately what Irish football has to contend with are the interests of "stakeholders" who will invest in sponsoring a certain type of manager.

I used to think like that about O'Neill, but after watching his team try and play open football in their last game against an average side I dont think he can try and play a more expansive game, they would get murdered against the better sides.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

illdecide

Jasus I was wild cross after Sat's game, Celtic can really frustrate the life out of you. I couldn't belive how bad we were, the pitch and the two injuries didn't help but FFS to get bullied off the ball they way we did was sad TBH. When Dembele squared up to Youssouf Mulumbu the Celtic fans started to sing the Demebe song and i'm thinking that man has not tried a leg there and now they're chanting his name ::).

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Esmarelda

Quote from: stew on February 04, 2018, 08:30:22 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 04, 2018, 12:53:11 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 09:20:00 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2018, 07:29:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 03, 2018, 05:17:42 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 03, 2018, 05:15:05 PM
Rangers' fans departing yet again to the raucous strains of "there's only one Neil Lennon" was more than decent compensation.

Wonder would Lennon ever be considered for the (Rep.) Ireland Job?

I'd like to see him given a shot at it.

Yes, wonder would it be seen as a step up to Manager Ireland over Hibernian?
As things stand, I think he'd be the most obvious candidate. He did an exceptional job at Bolton to keep them up with an astounding run of results against all the odds and then got rid off after they sold him down the river.
There are 3 certainties, O'Neill will come a cropper with banal hoofball, taxes and death.
But unfortunately what Irish football has to contend with are the interests of "stakeholders" who will invest in sponsoring a certain type of manager.

I used to think like that about O'Neill, but after watching his team try and play open football in their last game against an average side I dont think he can try and play a more expansive game, they would get murdered against the better sides.
Except playing a more expansive game doesn't mean withdrawing all your defensive midfielders at once with 45 minutes to go, in order to score two goals. But let's not go down that road again. :)

illdecide

Celtic are still not firing on all cylinders atm, i think their biggest problem atm is trying to get themselves up for a game. I think we'll see a different Celtic next Thurs nite (I hope). Simunovic gave 2 goals away yesterday, the first one a back pass was horrendous and in fairness to him i thought he was positioned well enough but I think C Sammon surprised everyone with his first time shot. Centre of defense and centre forward is still a worry, the way he's playing you wouldn't get 2 million for Dembele but there is something wrong there. For me his head is elsewhere, no player is bigger than our club and if anyone doesn't want to be there sell them to f**k.

Avondhu star

Celtic will need at least three goals and none conceded Thursday. Zenit are going well, second in league. Not high scorers but conceding very little.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

illdecide

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 11, 2018, 02:16:36 PM
Celtic will need at least three goals and none conceded Thursday. Zenit are going well, second in league. Not high scorers but conceding very little.

Yes but they haven't played a competitive game in 2 months, Celtic's chance is to nail them early in the tie

ashman

Quote from: illdecide on February 11, 2018, 04:14:03 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on February 11, 2018, 02:16:36 PM

Yes but they haven't played a competitive game in 2 months, Celtic's chance is to nail them early in the tie

Neither have Celtic .

bannside

My hunch is that Rodgers will go first decent offer comes in for him. He might think he has taken us as far as he can...and there isnt any higher to go with Celtic. Just my opinion!

ned

Quote from: bannside on February 11, 2018, 06:17:54 PM
My hunch is that Rodgers will go first decent offer comes in for him. He might think he has taken us as far as he can...and there isnt any higher to go with Celtic. Just my opinion!

Your hunch is way off! He will not leave without some major change in circumstances. He knows full well (and knew when he took the job) what the restrictions are. He is not motivated by money, having made plenty through and away from football. Celtic is his club and he wishes to leave Celtic having created a lasting dynasty. Now that might be fanciful but he isn't going to up sticks at the first lucrative offer to come along fom England. He has already managed one of the biggest clubs in England and his ambition lies beyond that. He knows how fickle football clubs are. Unless the Celtic board renege on promises or Celtic start to fail, he is here for the foreseeable. This year was always going to be tough after the heights of last but lets see what happens. Next year if things have not progressed then perhaps is the time to start talking about BR leaving.

illdecide

The Hoops are going to be up against it tonight, but still a winnable game. The injuries just keep piling up but we still have the spine of the team available so just have to get stuck in. Quality wise they spent (can't remember what i read last week if it was 46 or 60 odd million in the summer last year) big money. I do believe BR has been targeting this game for quite a while and we will see a different Celtic team tonight (Intensity), of course quality will come into it too so let hope we have more fire in the belly that them and hopefully they'll not fancy it in-front of the atmosphere at CP...

COYBIG...

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on February 15, 2018, 02:28:17 PM
The Hoops are going to be up against it tonight, but still a winnable game. The injuries just keep piling up but we still have the spine of the team available so just have to get stuck in. Quality wise they spent (can't remember what i read last week if it was 46 or 60 odd million in the summer last year) big money. I do believe BR has been targeting this game for quite a while and we will see a different Celtic team tonight (Intensity), of course quality will come into it too so let hope we have more fire in the belly that them and hopefully they'll not fancy it in-front of the atmosphere at CP...

COYBIG...

hopefully they aren't at peak fitness and sharpness after their break

Main Street

I'd be apprehensive about Celtic rising to the necessary standard of winning over two legs, considering recent efforts and injuries.

Avondhu star

f**k this excuse about injuries etc. They have to kick on now to be in a position to attract players that can see Champions League possibilities. There is no shortage of money there to strenghten the squad over the last few months
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Not bad so far, similar to the attitude v Juventus, without the c*ck ups. Celtic have upped their game very nicely.