Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Is it not appropriate to mention one's attendance at an all too rare Horslips gig,on a Horslip's thread?

Also as you went to the bother of checking the Tir Na Nog guest list to see if my name was on it a few weeks ago,you seem to have a very unhealthy interest in my affairs.

Dougal Maguire

Were you at the invitation only gig in Drogheda prior to the comeback gigs?
Careful now

T Fearon

No.Why would I have been? I'm just an ordinary fan

Dougal Maguire

By the way at Tir na nOg I happened to ask a guy if he knew you. That wing nut, was his reply. So he's not here then?  No way
Careful now

T Fearon

As I say you seem to have a very unhealthy interest in my affairs.In fact I am locking up all my bunnies

Shamrock Shore

In other news the Barry Devlin scripted 'My Mother and Other Strangers' - set in Norn Iron during WW2/The Emergency will screen on RTE1 tomorrow night at 10.15. Showing on BBC1 next Sunday at 9pm.

Shamrock Shore

If anyone is watching The Fir Bolg on TG4 of a Thursday night the similarities to the Horslips story is uncanny.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/fir-bolg/

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 11, 2016, 12:21:40 PM
If anyone is watching The Fir Bolg on TG4 of a Thursday night the similarities to the Horslips story is uncanny.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/programmes/fir-bolg/

I suppose it was easier to base it on Horslips, it saves having to get actors that can sing.  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Shamrock Shore

I was hesitant to bring back up my thread for this.

Plenty of coverage Dine Site on this furore.

Barry Devlin was quite annoyed. But I would say 60% of his outrage was real and 40% was divvilmint.

Irexiters - now there's a crowd that would give you a dose of the skitters.

Puckoon

They were pretty adamant on their FB page

Can't imagine there is legal recourse for using the material without permission?

Shamrock Shore

It's hardly worth their while taking a case. Besides it would give oxygen to these gowls.

I never heard of this Irexit spokesperson Hermann Kenny before - any Derry boys know him?