Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2009, 04:02:55 PM
Ran into the fox this afternoon. Kept waving his Horslip tickets in my face.  >:(

Horlip-s Ziggy. was that you eating a big sandwich and going on about playing senior football next year and Sean Teague the legend of..  Saw a piece in the Ulster Herad about Greencastle ... youse are full of yourselves  :o
Anyway back to Horslips... can the best of all this furniture really not be rearranged ?  8)

Shamrock Shore

Fox

Only when there's too much rain for drive-in movies

longrunsthefox

Shamrock Shore-any more of that and 'you better run-run-run..from DEARG DOOM!!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5G8AJf4Xzw

Shamrock Shore

We had a Horslips party in Rathmines last Sat night to 'celebrate' the 30th anniversary of their last studio album (phase one) called 'Short Stories Tall Tales'. We got all of the original 5 plus one Paddy Goodwin up on stage to do Trouble and Dearg Doom.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaraghOwens#play/all/uploads-all/1/xDnJJ1F_Jrg

Roll on the O2 - I'll be in Belfast and Dublin. I'd go to Mars to see them as I missed the boat first time around (too young).

Send me a pm if any one of ye boys are heading and we could have a pint or two.

Main Street

Enjoy yourselves and mind those zimmer frames.

Shamrock Shore

It will be the band that will be exposed to zimmer frame issues being fecked onto the stage as soon as the 'tit-tit-ta-ta-tit-tit-ta-ta' high hats signal the start of 'Dearg Doom'.

However most old time fans were teenagers in the 70s - so on average, the absolute average eldest Horslips fan would be now mid 50s. Not really zimmer frame stuff.

Billys Boots

Looks like we're building up the frenzy nicely for December.  Anyone else (other than SS, fox and myself) going?

Is there the makings of a Gadderin??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Heading to this in December too (O2), and won't even have to dust off the false moustache to get a drink this time  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Fear Rua

coming back from england for the Odyssey gig
Its Grim up North

Shamrock Shore

I do believe Hardyarse the Fiddler is heading to the Dublin gig.

playwiththewind1st

Only tickets available for Belfast on Ticketmaster are in West Upper Tier & I don't remember ever paying £83 for a pair of pretty crap tickets to go & see Horslips back in the good old days !

Sandino

Heading to the Belfast gig. From the Butt to Belfast its been some journey with a bit of luck I'll make Dublin as well.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Shamrock Shore

Hardstation.

No - that ad was a bad mistake in some ways. Made Sinnott leave (there ya go) and also was dubbed by some English posh boy singing. But then the cash was handy and bought some vital stuff to make their successful first album, 'Happy to meet, sorry to part'.

I know a fellow, who worked for a client, who was in the crowd for the shoot.

Then we had SammyG in on the cover of The Belfast Gigs!

Main Street

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North