Setanta Sport on the brink of collapse.

Started by mournerambler, June 08, 2009, 05:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: Shortso79 on September 27, 2009, 03:07:20 PM
Surely Setanta need a signature to set up a new DD ?

Thought that myself but it appears the are able to set up a new one with no signature

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Donagh

You'd need to watch that cancelling the DDs doesn't show up on your credit rating.

Shortso79

Extract from Setanta's website:

Do I need to cancel my payment details - either Direct Debit or credit card payment?

No. We will not be taking any further payments from customers as of 23rd June 2009.
You do not need to cancel your direct debit/credit card payment, however you may wish to contact your bank/credit card company for peace of mind.

http://www.setanta.com/global/gb.html

muppet

Quote from: Donagh on September 27, 2009, 03:34:10 PM
You'd need to watch that cancelling the DDs doesn't show up on your credit rating.

Credit rating! Do our banks still have the cheek to rate citizens credit rating?

How does this work?

Donagh: Mouthy northerner....only loan him amounts less than 200k which he can repay or amounts greater than 100 Million which we can send to NAMA.
MWWSI 2017

clarshack

finally got through to them. they say they never received my cancellation letter and if I want to cancel I have to give 30 days notice which means taking another payment. they wont refund me the payment from last week as they say I am still getting the service. I've already cancelled the unauthorised direct debit - will this affect my credit rating?

Minder

Quote from: clarshack on September 29, 2009, 11:00:05 AM
finally got through to them. they say they never received my cancellation letter and if I want to cancel I have to give 30 days notice which means taking another payment. they wont refund me the payment from last week as they say I am still getting the service. I've already cancelled the unauthorised direct debit - will this affect my credit rating?

Don't think it affects your credit rating as there is no "loan" as such and you haven't defaulted. I have cancelled loads of direct debits and it hasn't affected my credit rating
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

clarshack

mate says he got through to them and they claimed they didn't receive his cancellation even though he had an email from a person in customer service confirming he had cancelled  ???

doirebhoy

Quote from: clarshack on September 29, 2009, 11:28:53 AM
mate says he got through to them and they claimed they didn’t receive his cancellation even though he had an email from a person in customer service confirming he had cancelled  ???

have you got email for this setanta guy?

illdecide

My sister cancelled hers too and cancelled her DD. She had no money in that account and she got a letter from Setanta to say that she owes £35 in arrears, same story as you guys have said she pnoned them and gave her the usual bull but she used to work in the bank (same bank of her accounts) and gave it to them and told them that she knew the rules and the bank were not allowed to give anything out to anyone without her signature or other means of confirmation...long story short she still owes Setanta £35 for something she cancelled 4 months ago
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaffer

Anybody any updates on this Setanta business?

I am keeping an eye out for them attempting to set up a new DD after I cancelled theirs last month.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"