The Good News Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 13, 2009, 11:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: LeoMc on June 17, 2013, 04:09:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2013, 05:27:45 PM
Was up in the bathroom there now and I heard a someone shouting, didn't hear it clearly with the wind and the rain but heard something, came downstairs and went out into the garden heard it again and it was a definite cry for help coming from a house which backed on to our neighbours house but I still couldn't see what was up.

Was worried that it was my neighbour who is 9 months pregnant!! Didn't want to deal with that one, eventually I got a look into the other back garden and there was an old man in his late 80's lying where he fell, in the rain and muddy grass, I bounced over the fence like a Gisele and ran over to him, the old boy had been lying there for 30 minutes FFS shivering and in a bit of discomfort but he seem as if legs and hip were fine. Went into his house and got a blanket to throw round him to keep him warm while I went to get help from his son in-law who lived next door (he was in his late 60's!!) he was a ton weight managed to get him up and onto his bed.

Worries me had I not came home from the shop and went up stairs would anybody hear his calls or if they did would they have bothered to do anything!! The son in law was fast asleep so he couldn't hear him.

I had to read that a second time before I figured out the pictures.  ;D

Too subtle?

Milltown Row2

Was up in the bathroom there now and I heard a someone shouting, didn't hear it clearly with the wind and the rain but heard something, came downstairs and went out into the garden heard it again and it was a definite cry for help coming from a house which backed on to our neighbours house but I still couldn't see what was up.

Was worried that it was my neighbour who is 9 months pregnant!! Didn't want to deal with that one, eventually I got a look into the other back garden and there was an old man in his late 80's lying where he fell, in the rain and muddy grass, I bounced over the fence like a Gisele and ran over to him, the old boy had been lying there for 30 minutes FFS shivering and in a bit of discomfort but he seem as if legs and hip were fine. Went into his house and got a blanket to throw round him to keep him warm while I went to get help from his son in-law who lived next door (he was in his late 60's!!) he was a ton weight managed to get him up and onto his bed.

Worries me had I not came home from the shop and went up stairs would anybody hear his calls or if they did would they have bothered to do anything!! The son in law was fast asleep so he couldn't hear him.

She can hop
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 17, 2013, 04:31:14 PM

Too subtle?
Bad speller.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on June 17, 2013, 04:26:54 PM
I started this thread as a place for good news not as a Look at me I'm f**king great I saved someone's life thread.

The good news was that the old man lived!! Had he died we could have called it. Bad news thread. Was just a reminder to watch your elderly neighbours. Not about me or Gisele/ gazelle. More photos please
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 17, 2013, 03:35:54 PM
No the wife stayed put, she came round in the car as it was raining ;)
What was my missus doing round there?!

omagh_gael

My missus gave birth to our 3rd child in Altnagelvin last night, our first wee girl! All going great so far, however, the next few weeks will be interesting as our two boys are only 1 and 2! Had finally got back into the routine of getting 6-7 hours sleep a night, I can't see that happening too much over these next few months.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 21, 2013, 10:34:41 AM
My missus gave birth to our 3rd child in Altnagelvin last night, our first wee girl! All going great so far, however, the next few weeks will be interesting as our two boys are only 1 and 2! Had finally got back into the routine of getting 6-7 hours sleep a night, I can't see that happening too much over these next few months.

Congrats OG, you'll have some craic with those 3 so close together in age  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

Congrats to you and the boss OG

laoislad

Congrats.
You may tie a knot in it for a few years....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

BennyHarp

Congratulations - its 3 months now since we had our wee fella and he's doing great. Not sure how we'd have coped had we another two running around though! Best of luck with it.
That was never a square ball!!

Fuzzman

Congrats OG. Enjoy the day or two honeymoon period before they come home
Our wee girl was by far our easiest baby so you should be grand.

As ye know I wouldn't recommend 4 ;)

Hereiam

Ahh omagh I have 3 boys, a 4yr old a 2yr old and a new born at 12 weeks. I had got use to handling the two first boys but the 3rd one just throws everything out the door. I cant remember the last full nites sleep I had.

omagh_gael

Cheers lads. Will be some craic over the coming months but we're lucky that both our lads sleep 12 hours a night and would sleep through an earthquake so hopefully (down on my knees begging!) that continues.

AZOffaly

Great stuff OG. There's a bit of a baby boom on at the moment apparently. Our little lady is a month old today, and Croi has had great news himself I think....