The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on December 16, 2017, 09:04:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 16, 2017, 03:35:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 16, 2017, 03:10:31 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_campaign=buffer&utm_content=buffer41dbd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=.bb765effda60

Words fail.

Any of our resident conservatives want to defend this?

This is mainstream GOP thought in this day and age.

Where is the bottom?

Here:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/heather-heyers-mom-ive-had-to-hide-my-daughters-grave-from-neo-nazis/
Susan Bro — the mother of Heather Heyer, 32, who was killed in Charlottesville, VA by a white supremacist — told The Daily Beast that she has been forced to conceal her daughter's grave site because of ongoing violent threats against her and her family.

Heyer's ashes, Bro said, are in an undisclosed, unmarked location that is "completely protected" from the public. The grieving mother said she had to take that step because threats and harassment from the violent right have not stopped since the day 20-year-old James Alex Fields, Jr. plowed his car into a crowd of anti-racist protesters, killing Heyer and injuring 19 others.
seafoid do u think this story reflects us society at the moment .
I don't think it would have happened under a Clinton presidency
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

foxcommander

Quote from: foxcommander on November 29, 2017, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 29, 2017, 08:36:20 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2017, 07:54:13 PM
Quote from: Declan on November 29, 2017, 05:12:35 PM
Matt Lauer lost his job.
Charlie Rose lost his job.
Mark Halperin lost his job.
Glenn Thrush lost his job.
Billy Bush lost his job.
Harvey Weinstein lost his job.
Kevin Spacey lost his job.
But in politics...
Conyers still in Congress.
Moore still running.
Trump still President.

You forgot Al Franken......and not unrelated, you forget that millions of Democrats were out CHEERING  Bill Clinton on the campaign trail last year

You mean Ana Navarro (Republican) forgot Al Franken

https://twitter.com/ananavarro/status/935869957258309638

She's not a republican. She's a fat faux-GOP mouthpiece who works for CNN.

Case in point. She's a fat nutjob who believes she's not a democrat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDmDG06tmKQ

and as for democrat commentators - nice one Prez..stick it to Don Lemon - LOL!!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the "dumbest man on television!" Bad Reporting.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

imtommygunn

He can't watch all that tv in a day. He is too busy playing golf.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on December 16, 2017, 07:21:35 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 15, 2017, 08:53:26 PM
And how does that lead you to think the ECB isn't a "proper" central bank or a lender of last resort?

Because in.order to.qualify you need
Lender of last resort
Bank. Recapitalisation
Deposit insurance
Clearly defined crisis responses which are fully funded

Money in Eurozone banks is not safe because of the ECB. This is why the Swiss franc is 30% overvalued. Money is safe in Switzerland because there is a lender of laSt resort, deposit insurance etc

Hmm. Looks like you might be right.

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-the-ecb-is-not-going-to-be-a-lender-of-last-resort-2011-11

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2017, 12:15:19 PM
CDC Banned words.......mainly fake news

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/corner/454752/cdc-did-not-ban-words-yuval-levin

I guess that casts things in a slightly better light, but not much (and there's no way that the ban, if it was every really considered, would have taken hold after the backlash). That professionals committed to protecting the public health would even have to discuss supposed "trigger" words that might upset sensitive Republicans holding the purse strings is f**king ludicrous.

And of course the purging of climate change references all across the government continues apace. Just this week, Zinke (one of the most odious of the Trump appointees) summoned a National Parks manager to DC to dress him down for a very uncontroversial tweet about the effects of climate change on desert ecosystems.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2017, 01:33:26 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/corner/454752/cdc-did-not-ban-words-yuval-levin

I guess that casts things in a slightly better light, but not much (and there's no way that the ban, if it was every really considered, would have taken hold after the backlash). That professionals committed to protecting the public health would even have to discuss supposed "trigger" words that might upset sensitive Republicans holding the purse strings is f**king ludicrous.

And of course the purging of climate change references all across the government continues apace. Just this week, Zinke (one of the most odious of the Trump appointees) summoned a National Parks manager to DC to dress him down for a very uncontroversial tweet about the effects of climate change on desert ecosystems.

2 issues....The WAPO obviously had an agenda when they wrote the story. What are they playing into Trumps hands.......FFS there's enough 100% real bad stuff they could be reporting on and once again he can say......See I told you so......fake news

This  is the classic MSM twist and spin.....well even though it's not real, enough of it is real to back up some other point I'm trying to make.

Have the WAPO gone back and corrected their headline

And from my reading, the suggestion was made at the request of career bureaucrats within the CDC.....not Trump

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2017, 04:21:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2017, 01:33:26 PM

2 issues....The WAPO obviously had an agenda when they wrote the story. What are they playing into Trumps hands.......FFS there's enough 100% real bad stuff they could be reporting on and once again he can say......See I told you so......fake news

This  is the classic MSM twist and spin.....well even though it's not real, enough of it is real to back up some other point I'm trying to make.

Have the WAPO gone back and corrected their headline

And from my reading, the suggestion was made at the request of career bureaucrats within the CDC.....not Trump

f**king right enough of it is real to be of concern:

Why are "career bureaucrats" i.e. public health professionals from the medical and scientific fields, even discussing guarding and choosing their words so as not to upset politicians? Why is the EPA scrubbing their public material of all references to climate change? Why are the likes of Zinke and Pruitt talking of non-political career professionals being "disloyal" and trying to drive them out just because they're trying to do honest, science-based, work?

Because the GOP and this administration in particular is engaged in a fraudulent crusade to discredit and ignore science, science professionals and science-based policy (haven't even touched on science issues such as evolution or even history).

Let's put it this way. If the story this time WAS in fact inaccurate, its not because what was reported was implausible or unprecedented.

whitey

SO what exactly did the WAPO achieve by embellishing and misrepresenting other than giving Trump and his supporters another "see, I told you so"

FFS were not talking about Mother Jones or the Huff Post here......report the he fvckin story as it happened and stop making $hite up.......is that too much to expect?

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2017, 06:10:30 PM
SO what exactly did the WAPO achieve by embellishing and misrepresenting other than giving Trump and his supporters another "see, I told you so"

FFS were not talking about Mother Jones or the Huff Post here......report the he fvckin story as it happened and stop making $hite up.......is that too much to expect?

I'll let the Post address your claims that they "made shite up", as opposed to reporting accurately on the meeting and the list of words relating to the budget, based on a source who was supposedly there, only for the CDC to wait four days to downplay the story.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

I'll let the Post address your claims that they "made shite up", as opposed to reporting accurately on the meeting and the list of words relating to the budget, based on a source who was supposedly there, only for the CDC to wait four days to downplay the story.

So now your implying the head of the CDC is spinning to cover for Trump

The more I read about this the worse the WAPO looks....no word was ever banned, and it certainly was never banned by Trump or anyone associated with him

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 19, 2017, 09:00:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2017, 06:21:39 PM

So now your implying the head of the CDC is spinning to cover for Trump

The more I read about this the worse the WAPO looks....no word was ever banned, and it certainly was never banned by Trump or anyone associated with him

I'm not implying anything. I think the circumstances obviously can lend themselves to the interpretation that pressure could have been brought to bear and that the CDC head could have been instructed to tidy up what was a very embarrassing allegation. Who knows? I'm sure the FOIA requests are being prepared as we speak. Regardless, whether the word list originated with political appointees OR scientists trying not to alienate ignorant Republicans in congress, either is quite telling of the overall attitude of the GOP to science.

Specifically on the Post, we'll see if they retract or correct.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 20, 2017, 12:13:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57jRBt4h6ks
Fantastic but also very sad

http://www.vulture.com/2017/12/eminem-in-conversation.html

"The people that support him are the people he cares about the least and they don't even realise it," he added. "He's got people brainwashed."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70