The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Poetic justice on the penalty given the one given in the derby a few weeks back.

Van Dijk did very well. A calm head who snuffs out a lot of stuff with minimum fuss.  Good to see him showing a bit of leadership in that back line.  Great header to win it.

How the hell can a player get off with aggressively shoving  an opponent into the stand?  How is that not punished? 
A few slurs being thrown at Firminho.  The bbc had to backtrack pretty quickly on their spitting comment. What was that all about?  Let's see what the ref says.

That's just, like your opinion man.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 06, 2018, 01:26:11 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 06, 2018, 01:07:53 AM
Quote from: laoislad on January 05, 2018, 08:42:19 PM
How the f**k is Holgate still on the pitch?
Nevermind the push which should have been a yellow anyway but also pulling at the Ref.
Everton only interested in hacking down Liverpool players so far. Bad tackles from Rooney and McCarthy and a few others.
Peno a little soft alright.

Now Holgate is accusing Firmino of racially abusing him.

If true (and it better be if he is going to make such an accusation), was it before or after him launching Firmino into the stand?

"filho da puta" which translates to "son of a bitch."

How did Holgate know what that means
Maybe all half wits from Doncaster are multi lingual
Good job he never played junior hurling if that offends him after he pushed Someone like that
In fairness to Holgate he settled down and had a good game
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Armamike on January 06, 2018, 12:46:07 PM
Poetic justice on the penalty given the one given in the derby a few weeks back.

Van Dijk did very well. A calm head who snuffs out a lot of stuff with minimum fuss.  Good to see him showing a bit of leadership in that back line.  Great header to win it.

How the hell can a player get off with aggressively shoving  an opponent into the stand?  How is that not punished? 
A few slurs being thrown at Firminho.  The bbc had to backtrack pretty quickly on their spitting comment. What was that all about?  Let's see what the ref says.

Agree with all that
I never really payed much attention to VVD to last night. Seems to have that composure and time on the ball good players have
Very good cross field passes
He was telling Karius to get to the ball Imm looking after this area
Lost a bit of respect for Alan Shearer as an analyst last night
Said it wasn't a penalty( true ) but blasted Klopp the last game and Everton's was a penalty
Exact same circumstances so should be the same opinion
Take a bow Danny Murphy
Predicted a VVD goal to win the match prior to kick off

J70

Seems some f**king idiots were giving Shearer personal abuse about his family due to his opinion on the penalty.

He had the correct response:

For all the @LFC fans currently hurling personal abuse at me, my wife and kids because I happen to disagree with your opinion about the penalty decision, you do know you won don't you? 🤔 PS So f**k off!

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/949408901258149889?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

J70

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 06, 2018, 12:49:13 PM
Nevermind the push which should have been a yellow anyway but also pulling at the Ref.
Everton only interested in hacking down Liverpool players so far. Bad tackles from Rooney and McCarthy and a few others.

If true (and it better be if he is going to make such an accusation), was it before or after him launching Firmino into the stand?

How did Holgate know what that means
Maybe all half wits from Doncaster are multi lingual
Good job he never played junior hurling if that offends him after he pushed Someone like that
In fairness to Holgate he settled down and had a good game

Leaving aside his altercation with Firmino, as a footballer, he looks very promising. Very skillful, very composed on the ball.

Esmarelda

Whatever Firminio said or didn't say to enrage Holgate, it wasn't the "filho da puta" which even I was able to lip read. It happened a second or two later.

There's no comparison between the two penalties. The first one, in the league match, the player's hands were raised and placed on the attacker's back which the ref took to be a push. Last night's "challenge" is seen all over the pitch any time two players are stationary and battling for the ball.

What's most interesting to me is what the new panel that punished Niasse and Lanzini will do. In the case of Niasse v Crystal Palace (I think), there was undeniable contact but the panel decided it wasn't enough for a penalty to be given and the manner in which Niasse hit the ground constituted him trying to deceive the referee.

Can anyone tell me how the Lallana incident differs from the Niasse one?

It's these type of inconsistencies, should it arise, that lead to conspiracy theories among smaller clubs' fans.

StGallsGAA

Son of a whore actually.

gawa316

Coutinho gone for 142 mil...ridiculous decision

AZOffaly

Very odd. I hope they don't think Lallana will do that role for the next few months!

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on January 06, 2018, 05:05:27 PM
Has to be someone lined up to come in to replace him. The transfer makes no sense otherwise.
Actually makes no sense anyway when you consider Liverpool are still in Champions League and Coutinho can't play for Barca in it. Don't think the club comes out of this looking great either to be so adamant he wasn't leaving only to give in a few months later and let him go.
Plenty of rumours of interest in Riyad Mahrez and Lemar.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 06, 2018, 05:14:40 PM
Has to be someone lined up to come in to replace him. The transfer makes no sense otherwise.
Actually makes no sense anyway when you consider Liverpool are still in Champions League and Coutinho can't play for Barca in it. Don't think the club comes out of this looking great either to be so adamant he wasn't leaving only to give in a few months later and let him go.
Plenty of rumours of interest in Riyad Mahrez and Lemar.

Suarez might be back and rumours of Sanchez

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Esmarelda on January 06, 2018, 02:42:19 PM
Whatever Firminio said or didn't say to enrage Holgate, it wasn't the "filho da puta" which even I was able to lip read. It happened a second or two later.

There's no comparison between the two penalties. The first one, in the league match, the player's hands were raised and placed on the attacker's back which the ref took to be a push. Last night's "challenge" is seen all over the pitch any time two players are stationary and battling for the ball.

What's most interesting to me is what the new panel that punished Niasse and Lanzini will do. In the case of Niasse v Crystal Palace (I think), there was undeniable contact but the panel decided it wasn't enough for a penalty to be given and the manner in which Niasse hit the ground constituted him trying to deceive the referee.

Can anyone tell me how the Lallana incident differs from the Niasse one?

It's these type of inconsistencies, should it arise, that lead to conspiracy theories among smaller clubs' fans.
cause liverpool are so big...

thats most of the VVD money accounted for

TabClear

This makes no sense to me from any side. Yes sell in the summer if that's what everyone wanted but Barca don't need him now and Liverpool do. If there is not a big name signing brought in like Lemar then all of a sudden a couple of injuries and we are light up front. You cannot expect Salah to keep up his strike rate for the whole season.

Bizzare

AZOffaly

Firmino continued to mouth after the Son of a whore comment. Holgate only reacted after the second set of verbals. So either Firmino said something, or Holgate thought he did. The ref was closer to Firmino than Holgate was, so if something was said in English, surely he'd have heard it? If it was said in Portuguese, I'm not sure Holgate would have understood it.

If he said something racist, he deserves to be banned. I can't see how he could have, given the proximity of the ref and the other players.

If he did, he's an idiot considering a) he's darker than Holgate (!) and b) his team mates last night included Gomez, TAA, Van Dijk, Matip, Gigi, Mane, and Oxlade Chamberlain.

Footballers are stupid, but that would take a special kind of stupid. I can't see it.

manfromdelmonte

FSG have net spent €70 million in 8 years

that's one years tv money.
a selling club