The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

The obvious reason you wouldn't is because without him you weaken your chances of a top 4 finish.

Walter Cronc

Is Pool v Everton on tv tonight lads?

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Denn Forever

QuoteWho they bring in to replace him is another issue -

Have Suarez back as part of the deal.  An angry Suarez would liven things up.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gabriel_Hurl

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 05, 2018, 11:22:08 AM
Can off to Juventus then

Players JuventusFC have signed on a free:
2009: Fabio Cannavaro
2011: Andrea Pirlo
2012: Paul Pogba
2013: Fernando Llorente
2014: Kingsley Coman
2015: Sami Khedira
2016: Dani Alves
2018: Emre Can

😳 Unbelievable Signings 👏

Armamike

Not too disappointed to see Can leave.   Would be a u turn to sell Coutinho now though, unless a replacement is brought in this month. As others have said here, Liverpool's chances of a top 4 would be greatly weakened with no Coutinho. It's too competitive this year and a point dropped here or there will make all the difference.

That's just, like your opinion man.

supersub

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 09:59:41 AM
The obvious reason you wouldn't is because without him you weaken your chances of a top 4 finish.

Yes that is a well quoted line in the whole saga alright, but next year are they going to be weaker without him to finish in the top four too by that regard? At least at the moment they are in a good position i.e. 4th and have strengthened at the back which is badly needed and might (maybe not) bring in someone else attacking wise. The strengthening of the defence is as important in terms of dropped points as losing Coutinho. Listen, there is no doubt losing him will be a big blow, but my point is it is going to happen sometime, and they will need to adapt whenever that is. If he goes in the summer do they go into next season thinking our chances of top four are severely weakened?

Personally I think Liverpool are good enough to remain in the top four without Coutinho, only because the defence has started to be addressed. There is still enough attacking threat to create and score goals, and lots of them with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Llalana, Wjinaldum, Ox etc in there.

From the Bunker

Quote from: supersub on January 05, 2018, 12:39:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 05, 2018, 09:59:41 AM

Yes that is a well quoted line in the whole saga alright, but next year are they going to be weaker without him to finish in the top four too by that regard? At least at the moment they are in a good position i.e. 4th and have strengthened at the back which is badly needed and might (maybe not) bring in someone else attacking wise. The strengthening of the defence is as important in terms of dropped points as losing Coutinho. Listen, there is no doubt losing him will be a big blow, but my point is it is going to happen sometime, and they will need to adapt whenever that is. If he goes in the summer do they go into next season thinking our chances of top four are severely weakened?

Personally I think Liverpool are good enough to remain in the top four without Coutinho, only because the defence has started to be addressed. There is still enough attacking threat to create and score goals, and lots of them with Salah, Mane, Firmino, Llalana, Wjinaldum, Ox etc in there.

It is important to hold onto him until the end of the season. You finish 4th and it determines the quality of player you'd attract to the Club to replace him. It also helps with going further in the Champions league and getting more money and still having a chance at winning the FA Cup.

True you have to get used to not having him, but this happening mid season is not ideal!

AZOffaly

I agree with FTB. I'm on the phone do I'm glad he typed it 😀 if a Lamar or someone came in then maybe I see the sense of it but weakening significantly such a pivotal point of the season would be a pity in my opinion.

J70

Dont see any reason why Coutinho can't wait four more months. And there is no question that losing him now will weaken Liverpool for the rest of the season. Klopp should put the foot down and tell him he can have his move in the summer.

supersub

Each to their own. I think Liverpool will finish fourth or higher with or without him.

From the Bunker

Quote from: supersub on January 05, 2018, 04:59:14 PM
Each to their own. I think Liverpool will finish fourth or higher with or without him.

That's the other thing. Finishing higher than 4th is also important. You avoid the last qualifying round which has some sticky teams.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 05, 2018, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: supersub on January 05, 2018, 04:59:14 PM

That's the other thing. Finishing higher than 4th is also important. You avoid the last qualifying round which has some sticky teams.
Finishing 4th is now automatic qualification to the group stages.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.