The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 02, 2018, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2018, 03:40:20 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 03:20:26 PM
See Flanagan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend pre Christmas. The club needs to get rid of him unfortunately.  No excuses for that

Yep has to go. That's not acceptable.

He might get a game in the NFL!

He looks every inch a Liverpool player tho.  Treating your women like shit is also quite the norm at the club.  Even Rodgers went with the flow, dumping his wife for thon floozy receptionist! 

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 10:01:11 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 02, 2018, 06:53:48 PM
See Flanagan has pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend pre Christmas. The club needs to get rid of him unfortunately.  No excuses for that

If Sallah assaulted his gf over Christmas would you be in favour of getting rid of him too?

I'm not trying to catch you out or anything but I thinks it's very easy to take the moral high ground with Flanagan. I'm not digging at you but it's just lots of people will we running to stick the boot in now. All I'd say is that we stood by Suarez through the same ordeal multiple times and if it was salah or another important player we'd be slower to dissociate from them.

No excuse for what he done. Hope he is suitably punished.

Fair point and I debated whether or not to reply, mainly because on a foootball thread you know how anything like this ends up with the usual pricks spouting their own particular "colour" of bile. Fair play Star, you would have been one of the candidates and good to see you didn't disappoint.

As far as would I feel the same if it was Salah the answer is yes, he would be a sc**bag and should be ditched by the club. But the bottom line is that if the club does nothing over Flanagan it's not like I'll stop supporting them. So on that basis, no I don't think any different. But you're right, it's a lot easier to take the high ground over someone like Flanagan and hope Liverpool do the right thing so you can tell your united mates and clowns like star that "your" club has standards when it doesn't actually affect the teams performances or success.

The real question is what would I do if I were the person who did have the power to make the call I.e John Henry. I would like to think that I would say no one is bigger than the club and he would be gone but it's easy to say that knowing it's purely hypothetical.
Great post.
Also you are 100% correct about the usual pricks who have to ruin threads and discussions like this.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Avondhu star

Quote from: laoislad on January 03, 2018, 02:09:30 PM
Quote from: TabClear on January 02, 2018, 10:01:11 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 02, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

If Sallah assaulted his gf over Christmas would you be in favour of getting rid of him too?

I'm not trying to catch you out or anything but I thinks it's very easy to take the moral high ground with Flanagan. I'm not digging at you but it's just lots of people will we running to stick the boot in now. All I'd say is that we stood by Suarez through the same ordeal multiple times and if it was salah or another important player we'd be slower to dissociate from them.

No excuse for what he done. Hope he is suitably punished.

Fair point and I debated whether or not to reply, mainly because on a foootball thread you know how anything like this ends up with the usual pricks spouting their own particular "colour" of bile. Fair play Star, you would have been one of the candidates and good to see you didn't disappoint.

As far as would I feel the same if it was Salah the answer is yes, he would be a sc**bag and should be ditched by the club. But the bottom line is that if the club does nothing over Flanagan it's not like I'll stop supporting them. So on that basis, no I don't think any different. But you're right, it's a lot easier to take the high ground over someone like Flanagan and hope Liverpool do the right thing so you can tell your united mates and clowns like star that "your" club has standards when it doesn't actually affect the teams performances or success.

The real question is what would I do if I were the person who did have the power to make the call I.e John Henry. I would like to think that I would say no one is bigger than the club and he would be gone but it's easy to say that knowing it's purely hypothetical.
Great post.
Also you are 100% correct about the usual pricks who have to ruin threads and discussions like this.
"usual pricks" I.e. Those not brainwashed by the Pro Liverpool luvvies in the media living on the glory days of the 70s and 80s.

I suppose if Flanagans girlfriend doesn't mind him kicking her around the street why should anyone else
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

GJL

The most shocking thing about all this is that Flanagan actually had a girlfriend!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 03, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

He looks every inch a Liverpool player tho.  Treating your women like shit is also quite the norm at the club.  Even Rodgers went with the flow, dumping his wife for thon floozy receptionist!
What an absolute clown  ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 03, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

He looks every inch a Liverpool player tho.  Treating your women like shit is also quite the norm at the club. Even Rodgers went with the flow, dumping his wife for thon floozy receptionist!

Giggseh  ::)

Aren't you "on holiday?"  Talk about obsessed  ;D

tonto1888

Quote from: GJL on January 03, 2018, 07:39:33 PM
The most shocking thing about all this is that Flanagan actually had a girlfriend!

being a professional footballer will do wonders for you. See Peter Crouch and Wayne Rooney for other examples

Minder

Looks like Coutinho could well be away in January
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Peter Crouch was funny about that subject. "What would you be if you weren't a footballer?" "A Virgin" 😀

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2018, 12:03:36 PM
its looking that way alright.
€160m the rumoured figure, although i would imagine that includes all the possible add ons.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 04, 2018, 12:45:01 PM
€160m the rumoured figure, although i would imagine that includes all the possible add ons.
Seems strange to be letting him go now when they were so firm about  not selling him during the summer.
Unless they have someone or a few lined up to replace him in January.
Would have thought the summer would have suited everyone.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on January 04, 2018, 05:08:31 PM
Seems strange to be letting him go now when they were so firm about  not selling him during the summer.

Me too, makes no sense if true

From the Bunker

Yeah, he's cup tied for the Champions League and they hardly need him for the League. After that all that is left is the Copa Del Rey!

TabClear

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 04, 2018, 05:12:38 PM

Yeah, he's cup tied for the Champions League and they hardly need him for the League. After that all that is left is the Copa Del Rey!

Dembele due back for Barca soon as well I think. Strange.

I see another bid for Lemar rumoured

supersub

Realistically he is going to be playing in Spain, in better climate, with better players, on better money and nailed on to win trophies in his first season. Compare it to Liverpool and even in January with no CL football it is more appealing certainly to a South American!

Liverpool aren't going to win the league or the CL, out of the league cup and FA Cup is the last chance of silverware. Whether he goes in Jam or summer the team will have to adapt without him, so why not do this now in Jan so they have the guts of 5 months to work without him before next season. Instead of going into next season blind and being out of the race by September again. Who they bring in to replace him is another issue - but he isn't the first and won't be the last top player to leave the side, and they have always recovered ok.