PayPal

Started by noeldebrun, November 20, 2008, 10:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noeldebrun

i was looking to set one of these up to buying a few shirts from thefootballshirt.com was wondering how secure it would be to use my bank account as direct debit for payment. also wondering how easy it is to set up

ziggysego

Handy enough to set up Noel.

Had a security breech last year, got in contact with PayPal immediately and they had it sorted within 15mins, so I was happy enough.
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

yeah Paypal is handy, never had a problem with it myself, been using it for about 3 years now
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the green man

A lot of places ask for it. Secure as secure can be. Other than that pay for all online purchases through Visa (Credit) as they'll stand over everything

Shortso79

bought oxegen tickets via EBAY

Paid for them by Paypal

Thank God - they were dud - after a few weeks - got my money refunded

under the bar

Whilst the most widely used, Paypal also have relatively high charges which add up if you use it a lot.  NoChex is a cheaper option.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Shortso79 on November 20, 2008, 11:13:59 PM
bought oxegen tickets via EBAY

Paid for them by Paypal

Thank God - they were dud - after a few weeks - got my money refunded

I know paypal cover you for fraudulent products on ebay but not sure if this applies if you are buying stuff from elsewhere or just forwarding a payment to someone.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: noeldebrun on January 29, 2009, 12:16:06 PM
doesn't anyone know how to cancel a payment, purchased a rapidshare account the other day and the payment hasn't cleared yet wanted to cancel it as i don't need it any more

I thought pay pal cleared instantly. It is possible the money looks like it is in your A/c but wont be available to withdraw.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know how long it should take for money transferred from your bank account to show in paypal?
I transferred a large sum last Thursday so I could buy a DSLR off ebay but it still hasn't shown in my Paypal account
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyrone girl

Takes about 5-7 days i think depending on your bank account for the money to show in Paypal. You would have probably been quicker though just paying for it through Paypal - u dont need to have the money previously transferred in. They just take it from your bank account

joebloggs

when I buy something on eBay it gives me a pay now link in my account and I click it and pay with entering my paypal address. then papal automatically debts my account, I never need to transfer money to papal first.

tyrone girl

Yep thats how paypal works i think - any time i buy anything on any site through paypal cos its linked directly to my bank and debit card i buy it there and then with no need to transfer money

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: tyrone girl on July 27, 2010, 04:24:59 PM
Takes about 5-7 days i think depending on your bank account for the money to show in Paypal. You would have probably been quicker though just paying for it through Paypal - u dont need to have the money previously transferred in. They just take it from your bank account

Really? That I didn't know.
Have you to set it up that way?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

tyrone girl

I think so but to be honest i think thats how it works in general. Go to your paypal account and check out that you are linked to your bank account - id presume u are - im linked to debit card and bank account. I think any time u buy anything it takes it straight from your bank. Thats the whole idea of it i think cos it keeps your debit card details / bank acc details from third parties - as in paypal is just the go between

bennydorano

I've 2 regular monthly payments going out from PayPal and looking to cancel one, using the phone app and fucked if I can see how to do it??