China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 03, 2020, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2020, 01:55:08 PM
It was criminal of the Brits and the arrogant horse racing industry to have let that go ahead.
How many cases here as a result of it I wonder?
It should never have went ahead. But lets take some personal responsibility as well, The amount of Irish I know that went across given the circumstances was absolutely staggering. Levels of stupid that I can't grasp.

I know / Know of quite a few that went and there was no self isolation when they were steamed that whole weekend too after flying home.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 03, 2020, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2020, 01:07:48 PM
Years of DUP and SF under-funding the NHS and then not governing for 3 years has left us in a terrible place. They then shunned the health portfolio. Real leadership. Real integrity.
But SF base will love this confrontational MO'N. But people will die I hear you say? This party is comfortable with unnecessary deaths if they can strike a blow against Unionism.

Agreed

I genuinely don't believe that is the case here. I am not a big fan of SF but have seen enough posts from you two to suggest you hate them and that's fair enough but I just feel that, and I rarely feel this about any politician, she is actually being genuine here and not point scoring.

seafoid

It was criminal of the Brits and the arrogant horse racing industry to have let that go ahead.

Around the same time

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0402/1128196-liverpool-virus-surge-could-be-linked-to-atletico-game/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: seafoid on April 03, 2020, 03:17:21 PM

Around the same time

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020/0402/1128196-liverpool-virus-surge-could-be-linked-to-atletico-game/

They are saying the same about the Atalanta / Valencia Champions league match was the catalyst for the wipeout in Bergamo,Italy.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 03, 2020, 03:01:38 PM
Years of DUP and SF under-funding the NHS and then not governing for 3 years has left us in a terrible place. They then shunned the health portfolio. Real leadership. Real integrity.
But SF base will love this confrontational MO'N. But people will die I hear you say? This party is comfortable with unnecessary deaths if they can strike a blow against Unionism.

Agreed

I genuinely don't believe that is the case here. I am not a big fan of SF but have seen enough posts from you two to suggest you hate them and that's fair enough but I just feel that, and I rarely feel this about any politician, she is actually being genuine here and not point scoring.

You don't believe that underfunding the NHS and keeping government locked up hasn't hampered the Coronavirus response?
It's debatable as to her reasons for grandstanding now I'll concede that and they may be genuine but whatever about that, this last 8 or more years of firstly mis-rule and lately 3 years of no-rule has left our Health Service the worst of all 4 regions. That cannot be disputed. MO'N and others should take responsibility.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2020, 03:35:23 PM

Agreed

You don't believe that underfunding the NHS and keeping government locked up hasn't hampered the Coronavirus response?
It's debatable as to her reasons for grandstanding now I'll concede that and they may be genuine but whatever about that, this last 8 or more years of firstly mis-rule and lately 3 years of no-rule has left our Health Service the worst of all 4 regions. That cannot be disputed. MO'N and others should take responsibility.

It certainly has but the blame for that lies at the door of George Osbourne.

IIRC around the christmas of the RHI scandal breaking, the SDLP and Alliance at the time were giving the Shinners grief for not pulling the plug on Arlene and the DUP. Then when they did it they're wrong too.

Can't have it both ways unless the memory is selective.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Agreed

So she conveniently forgot to mention Conor Murphy shambles last night. Naw it's defs point scoring

Rossfan

It should never have went ahead. But lets take some personal responsibility as well, The amount of Irish I know that went across given the circumstances was absolutely staggering. Levels of stupid that I can't grasp.
Agreed 100%.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

I terms of population is Scotland doing better than Ireland? And if so why?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 03, 2020, 02:54:18 PM

I know / Know of quite a few that went and there was no self isolation when they were steamed that whole weekend too after flying home.

Including Joe Brolly.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 03, 2020, 02:54:18 PM

I think they misunderstood that while putting alchohol on your hands might help stop getting the virus, putting it in your liver does not.

684 in UK today, likely higher than Spain or Italy (where things are levelling off). big price for delay.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2020, 03:57:00 PM
I terms of population is Scotland doing better than Ireland? And if so why?

No, they are not doing better, they just weren't reporting all the deaths, there were 126 yesterday, compared to 98 in the ROI. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2020, 03:57:00 PM
I terms of population is Scotland doing better that Ireland? And if so why?

1. Deep fried Mars bars
2. Scotland is united
3. Shortbread
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU