Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 28, 2020, 06:56:53 PM
Ah thought it was. Yeah I would guess he is about that age. Very capable fella too. Big in Kevin winters and the Irish language stuff too.

Murph is a great bloke, one of the best. Though I thought he was a bit older than that tbh

Belfast GAA man

Great Gael - our prayers are with him

Belfast GAA man

I see the Ulster council summarising support available For clubs both sides of the border from the governments but there was no support from the GAA itself. Surely having just given all Our insurance and league fees in Croke could let Clubs know they will be getting something back even if they don't know amount yet?????????

BigBallWeeBall

Well siad Belfast GAA, an unusual factually accurate post. Ulster GAA council have communicated this well but shame on Croke. The bean counter managers with there snouts in the trough have said nothing. I expect their main interest is raising their median salary above 125,000.  Clubs have been left in limbo as usual. Time for leadership to be demonstrated at the GAA top table in line with others

delgany

GAA Director General Tom Ryan told employees that their wages would be cut by between 10-20% on a sliding scale for the month of April. Those earning up to €38,000 would face a drop of 10%, while those in the €38,000-76,000 will be subject to a 15% cut.
All told, 500 employees paid by Central Council, will be affected. However, this cost cutting measure will be reviewed on a monthly basis.

Must've been reading your post.

Belfast GAA man

So do you want Croke to Hold on to the clubs money to pay their staff salaries? ::)

delgany

Clubs dont pay a huge amount of money to the Central Council at Croke Park, other than Player Injury Fund. They would pay more fees to their own county boards.

BigBallWeeBall

Adopt a Robin Hood style approach and redistribute the Wealth more evenly. Croke have millions of funds in reserve... I know one of the bean counters BTW

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on April 02, 2020, 12:32:34 AM
Clubs dont pay a huge amount of money to the Central Council at Croke Park, other than Player Injury Fund. They would pay more fees to their own county boards.
Between both I'd say £20k For most clubs for nothing in return yet or in the foreseeable Future - this could push many clubs right to wire

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 02, 2020, 11:03:25 AM
Between both I'd say £20k For most clubs for nothing in return yet or in the foreseeable Future - this could push many clubs right to wire

Need to start asking the CB's to cut their fees.

They're not paying for development squads, senior teams training or referee's fees at the minute or for the foreseeable.

delgany

Quote from: johnnycool on April 02, 2020, 11:08:49 AM

They're not paying for development squads, senior teams training or referee's fees at the minute or for the foreseeable.

Clubs have paid PIF to date which would range from €900 to €6500, depending on number of  teams being fielded.
Clubs contribution to PIF represents about 20% of the overall cost of the scheme . GAA  put €6million into the pot .
No fees to Antrim GAA have been paid or asked for

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on April 02, 2020, 12:02:32 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on April 02, 2020, 11:08:49 AM

Clubs have paid PIF to date which would range from €900 to €6500, depending on number of  teams being fielded.
Clubs contribution to PIF represents about 20% of the overall cost of the scheme . GAA  put €6million into the pot .
No fees to Antrim GAA have been paid or asked for
Don't think that's right. Ive it on good info that all fees to all association are paid Already

whatwillbwillb

Id say you're right my understanding is that most if not all have been paid already... in such difficult times, they all need to step up and do the right thing by all clubs.

Milltown Row2

One of our club legends Liam Stewart, a chairman of our club for decades and one of the men behind the recent and past successes of our club is fighting for his life with the Coronavirus at the minute, we hope that Liam will pull through this, his biggest battle!

Thoughts prayers and love going out to a great clubman, chairman and our current Vice President.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

:( best wishes to the guy. I don't know him but know the name. Anything to Karl?