Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

To the fixtures committee, please, please let Knockmore have a Sunday afternoon game at home in this group stage. It seems like ages since that has happened...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

stephenite

Ballina Stephenites B V Crossmolina Deel Rovers B 26/05/2007 19:30 Richard Cosgrove

What club is this Cosgrove man from?

muscles magoo

Kiltane.

I think you may have been getting him mixed up with the one and only John Cosgrave.....??

Davitt Man

Come on lads lets hear see your predictions for the c\ship this weekend

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on May 25, 2007, 09:25:40 AM
Come on lads lets hear see your predictions for the c\ship this weekend

Ok here it goes.... for what its worth!

Mayo Senior Football Championship

Ballaghadereen V Shrule-Glencorrib 
Garrymore V Claremorris

Westport V Louisburgh 
Ballina Stephenites  V Charlestown 

Crossmolina Deel Rovers  V Ballinrobe
Burrishoole V Bohola Moy-Davitts

Knockmore  V Tourmakeady
Castlebar Mitchels V Kiltane

Mayo Intermediate Football Championship
Kilcommon V Belmullet 
Kiltimagh V Kilmeena 

Hollymount V Swinford 
Ballintubber V Bonniconlon

Davitts V Mayo Gaels
Ballyhaunis V Kilmaine

Ballina Stephenites B V Crossmolina Deel Rovers B
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin V Aghamore

Mayo Junior Football Championship

Balla V Knockmore B
Ballintubber B V Charlestown B
(We will do our best although we got a good hiding in the league from them)
Belmullet B V Ballycastle 

Ardnaree V Aghamore B
Kilmovee V Lacken 
Killala V Westport B

Eastern Gaels V Lahardane
Moygownagh V Carramore
Crossmolina Deel Rovers C V Ballycroy 
Ballaghadereen B V Ardagh 

Islandeady V Bohola Moy-Davitts B
The Neale  V Claremorris B
Breaffy B V Achill 
Castlebar Mitchels B V Swinford B

Davitt Man

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 24, 2007, 05:07:18 PM
To the fixtures committee, please, please let Knockmore have a Sunday afternoon game at home in this group stage. It seems like ages since that has happened...

The players will be delighted with saturday evening games at least they can go out after the game

OirthearMhaigheo

shame most of the games are on Sunday, makes a right hoor of the weekend for the players! Some good games coming up though, the  match in Ballagh could be a cracker as they are both nice footballing sides. I'd imagine Charlestown will put it up to Ballina aswell but you'd still have to fancy the men from the north.

the Deel Rover

just wondering what do you think of the current championship format,personally i don't particurarly like it i know it gives teams more championship games but i think it takes away from the winner takes all scenario,i don't think there is as much of an athmosphere at the league stages because the teams know that even if they loose 1 match they still have a chance of getting through. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

I think the c\ship format is very good, i am a player and i have played in both c\ship formats. The old format of winner takes all is not a good idea, train all year long get beaten in May and thats it for the year, football more or less over for the year. The group approach gives every team 3 games at least in the championship and a prolonged c\ship run.

However i dont like the league set-up. Div 1A and Div1B is not the way to go, they should leave it at Div 1 with 12 teams and thats it, there are too many ordinary teams playing in the Div1A & 1B. The games are not competive enough as it stands especially Div1B where there are only 5 senior teams from the old Div1

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on May 25, 2007, 12:54:00 PM
I think the c\ship format is very good, i am a player and i have played in both c\ship formats. The old format of winner takes all is not a good idea, train all year long get beaten in May and thats it for the year, football more or less over for the year. The group approach gives every team 3 games at least in the championship and a prolonged c\ship run.

However i dont like the league set-up. Div 1A and Div1B is not the way to go, they should leave it at Div 1 with 12 teams and thats it, there are too many ordinary teams playing in the Div1A & 1B. The games are not competive enough as it stands especially Div1B where there are only 5 senior teams from the old Div1

Agreed the championship format is better because its only fair to give teams a second chance. There are occasions where a freak game could knock out a very strong team that would have the potential to go on and win it.

As regards the league I would have liked to have seen two seeded groups and not have an open draw. At the moment one league is much tougher than the other but we will see how it stands at the end.

BTW Welcome to the board Davitt Man!  ;D

Davitt Man

I agree with you abbey sider as regards the league. The Sligo setup has the stronger teams in Div1A and the weaker teams in 1B thats the way it should be in Mayo, Div1B is far stronger than 1A. The league wasnt an open draw though, the 2 groups were picked according to your league standing last year so it just happed that Div1B was stronger. But putting the stronger teams in Div1A and the weaker teams in Div1B is that not the same thing as the old division 1 and 2.

Thanks for the welcome, i was on this before (a year ago) but forgot my login details so i decided to start again

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on May 25, 2007, 02:57:12 PM
I agree with you abbey sider as regards the league. The Sligo setup has the stronger teams in Div1A and the weaker teams in 1B thats the way it should be in Mayo, Div1B is far stronger than 1A. The league wasnt an open draw though, the 2 groups were picked according to your league standing last year so it just happed that Div1B was stronger. But putting the stronger teams in Div1A and the weaker teams in Div1B is that not the same thing as the old division 1 and 2.

True it isnt. Its a pitty because Crossmolina are clear favourites in their group...

Ballaghadereen, Knockmore, Ballina Stephenites etc make up the group of death in the other group.

However looking at MayoGaa.com it is evening itself out in that group; Shrule-Glencorrib are at the bottom and Ballina are only mid table.

It remains to seen how it will stand at the end of the season. Shrule could be relegated which would be a shocker.

StoneWall

Here are my picks...

Group A
Ballaghadereen V Shrule-Glencorrib
Garrymore  V Claremorris

Group B
Westport V Louisburgh
Ballina Stephenites   V Charlestown

Group C
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  V Ballinrobe
Burrishoole V Bohola Moy-Davitts

Group D
Knockmore  V Tourmakeady
Castlebar Mitchels V Kiltane

Group A
Kilcommon V Belmullet
Kiltimagh V Kilmeena

Group B
Hollymount V Swinford
Ballintubber V Bonniconlon

Group C
Davitts V Mayo Gaels
Ballyhaunis V Kilmaine

Group D
Ballina Stephenites B V Crossmolina Deel Rovers B
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin V Aghamore

Group A
Balla V Knockmore B
Ballintubber B V Charlestown B
Belmullet B V Ballycastle

Group B
Ardnaree V Aghamore B
Kilmovee V Lacken
Killala V Westport B

Group C
Eastern Gaels V Lahardane
Moygownagh V Carramore
Crossmolina Deel Rovers C V Ballycroy
Ballaghadereen B V Ardagh

Group D
Islandeady V Bohola Moy-Davitts B
The Neale   V Claremorris B
Breaffy B V Achill
Castlebar Mitchels B V Swinford B

StoneWall

Group A
Ballaghadereen  2-10 0-3 Shrule-Glencorrib
Garrymore  1-8 0-12 Claremorris

Group B
Ballina Stephenites  1-6 1-9 Charlestown
Westport  0-6 1-7 Louisburgh

Group C
Burrishoole  0-9 0-8 Bohola Moy-Davitts
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  2-15 1-4 Ballinrobe

Group D
Castlebar Mitchels  1-13 1-6 Kiltane
Knockmore  2-12 0-8 Tourmakeady

Group A
Kiltimagh  0-6 1-10 Kilmeena
Kilcommon  0-10 1-9 Belmullet

Group B
Hollymount  0-5 0-7 Swinford
Ballintubber  0-10 0-7 Bonniconlon

Group C
Davitts  1-13 1-6 Mayo Gaels
Ballyhaunis  3-6 0-7 Kilmaine

Group D
Ballina Stephenites B 0-9 2-9 Crossmolina Deel Rovers B
Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  0-8 0-16 Aghamore

Group A
Belmullet B 2-7 0-12 Ballycastle
Balla  0-4 0-7 Knockmore B
Ballintubber B 0-8 0-12 Charlestown B

Group B
Killala  5-12 1-1 Westport B
Ardnaree  0-13 0-8 Aghamore B
Kilmovee  0-8 2-10 Lacken

Group C
Ballaghadereen B 1-4 0-6 Ardagh
Crossmolina Deel Rovers B 4-13 0-4 Ballycroy
Moygownagh  0-19 1-9 Carramore
Eastern Gaels  3-7 0-9 Lahardane

Group D
The Neale  0-11 0-7 Claremorris B
Breaffy B 1-3 4-18 Achill
Islandeady  1-12 0-3 Bohola Moy-Davitts B

Davitt Man

A few hammering in the championship this weekend, that shouldnt be happening in championship football !!

Any report on the Cross v B\robe game?