Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: stephenite on September 03, 2008, 01:09:04 AM
Quote from: illdecide on September 02, 2008, 03:15:17 PM
Feck we just got Crossmaglen in the quarters of our Championship :-*

Some of us will be very interested and thankful if someone can halt Crossmaglens gallop to another county title this year - small matter of holding the record for consecutive senior football championships on the line ;)

Aye i'm aware of that because you guys won 13 in a row and Crossmaglen are trying to beat that record. Here's hoping Ballina keep their record ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

RedandGreenSniper

Predictions anyone??

Crossmolina v Breaffy  DRAW ;)
Ballagh v Ballintubber - Ballagh by 3
Castlebar v Charlestown - Mitchels for the hell of it
Knockmore v Claremorris - hard to know, Claremorris by 1 with the words Knockmore, write off and peril attached!!

Intermediate
Aghamore v Ballyhaunis - Aghamore by four
Crossmolina B v Westport - Westport by five

Junior - God knows!! Islandeady to win it out anyhow
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 04, 2008, 10:53:00 AM
Predictions anyone??

i wouldn't be surprised if it was r&g according To abbeyside 17/2 the draw might be worth a euro or 2 any word of your team r&g ;) :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 04, 2008, 11:12:05 AM
Predictions anyone??

i wouldn't be surprised if it was r&g according To abbeyside 17/2 the draw might be worth a euro or 2 any word of your team r&g ;) :D

Yerra sure what news would I hear, based out in Australia as I am ;)  Aidan O'Shea is out, but sure that has been flagged elsewhere. No chance of McDonald being 'rested' so that neither team has their number 11, just to balance things out like!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on September 04, 2008, 12:29:11 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 04, 2008, 11:12:05 AM
Predictions anyone??

Yerra sure what news would I hear, based out in Australia as I am ;)  Aidan O'Shea is out, but sure that has been flagged elsewhere. No chance of McDonald being 'rested' so that neither team has their number 11, just to balance things out like!

Ah sure Mc s back is fcuked hasn't really played a competetive game of football since the Ai final 2006 , i think he was texted to attend a trial there last sunday just to see would they even bother giving him a subs jersey ;) i wouldn't be loosing too much sleep over Mc sure he is an auld man   ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

lads any idea when the semi finals are on??

RedandGreenSniper

I'd say there's no dates yet because of the minors getting to the final. It won't be before that anyway. Probably September 28.

On another note, and it's only a rumour, but but I heard Pierce Hanley is back in Ballagh' already and will play against Ballintubber on Saturday! And I'm not stirring shite!

AbbeySider

Crossmolina v Breaffy  - Cross by 3
Crossmolina will have too much for Breaffy id say. I wasnt overly impressed with Breaffy when I saw them against Ballagh a few months ago. Cross were unreal against Knockmore. Is Aidan O Shea definitely out? I know he didnt play Breaffys last minor game because of a dislocated thumb, but he might be back.

Ballagh v Ballintubber - Tubber by 1
Ballagh are red hot favourites but I cant turn my back on my own club!

Castlebar v Charlestown - Charlestown by 4
I rate Charlestown highly. Take Mitchles out of that tiny back pitch and id say they will be in trouble.

Knockmore v Claremorris - Knockmore by 2
Im saying Knockmore based on the fact that they are that bit more experienced.

the Deel Rover

Beautiful day in cross at the moment hope it holds out till this evening looking forward to the game if a little apprehensive any one else heading up to castlebar today? Still don't know why they had to hold the semi finals there the atmosphere is normally brutal at club games but will probably be worse today with the work on the ground having commenced.  >:(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Farrandeelin

Crossmolina 1-7 Breaffy 0-5, 20 mins to go in match.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Cross won by a goal 2 ten to 1 ten
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

joemamas

the Deel Rover

Ballintubber 1 .5  balla 2 points upset on the cards hope as has a few quid on them
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Match finished a draw . Hanley came on as  a sub
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

StoneWall

Crossmolina 2-10 v Breaffy 1-10
Ballagh 1-12 v Ballintubber 1-12

A draw is probably the last thing the county board wanted. I imagine the replay will not take place until after the All Ireland minor final as Ballintubber have 2 lads involved (even if one of them seems to be from Galway!).