Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

is the club house still open .i heard the local publicans were less than impressed with the way it was operated.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

It is still open Ros i went in under cover the day of the league meeting this year ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: rosnarun on June 06, 2008, 10:43:05 AM
is the club house still open .i heard the local publicans were less than impressed with the way it was operated.

There was a court case out of that if I remember correctly
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

the Deel Rover

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on June 06, 2008, 11:30:31 AM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 06, 2008, 10:43:05 AM

There was a court case out of that if I remember correctly

aye that was about 2 years ago
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

guy crouchback

on the web site all games are down for 12.00. does anyone know if this time still stands for the ballina game

the Deel Rover

Quote from: guy crouchback on June 06, 2008, 02:15:45 PM
on the web site all games are down for 12.00. does anyone know if this time still stands for the ballina game

it said it was on saturday at 7 in the mayo advertiser GC
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

its a bit mad/ like trying to rob a bank trying to get an offical time for thee games. not that i dont trust the man from Farrandeelin. but it would be nice for the Mayo gaa's own website to have the details. would it be grounds for appeal for a team who didn't show. at least as good the the excuse clare morris used a few years back
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: rosnarun on June 06, 2008, 11:32:53 PM
its a bit mad/ like trying to rob a bank trying to get an offical time for thee games. not that i dont trust the man from Farrandeelin. but it would be nice for the Mayo gaa's own website to have the details. would it be grounds for appeal for a team who didn't show. at least as good the the excuse clare morris used a few years back

It's a joke alright that they can't put them up on the website but that doesn't amount to official notification. Each club secretary and the papers etc receives the official times. Anyone in Mayo can look at the papers alright but its a bit of a mess if ur travelling from outside the county trying to find the throw in time. It wouldn't kill them to post the same fixtures they email on the website
That was a joke alright with Claremorris - claimed they didn't have to play the game because they received the fixtures by email and it wasn't signed by the PRO. How can you sign an email? What's more they were successful. Sleevenism of the highest order!!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

I check the papers for the times anymore. The website IS a joke.

Anyway, Ballina beat Burrishoole, by 1-8 to 0-8. Claremorris beat Castlebar by 1-13 to 1-8. Ballinrobe gave Louisburgh a good hiding, don't have the score to hand but they won by 8 points I think.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

REDCOL

Claremorris 1-13 Castlebar 1-8.

Castlebar were awful. Ger Brady destroyed them for 25mins before Castlebar moved T Cunniffe on to him. B Moran or N Douglas didnt start. Claremorris far hungrier leaves Ballina in a precarious position.

Claremorris   4pts    +6
Ballina         2 pts     0
Castlebar     2pts     -2

Claremorris v Ballina
Castlebar v Burrishoole

Scoring average counts if all three finish on 4pts, you would fancy castlebar to win by a lot more than ballina

Mayo4Sam

Knockmore lost to cross 2-5 to 0-14, not too bad considering that they were missing a lot
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Were you there M4S? Knockmore were terrible today. Yet only lost by 2 points. Crossmolina went 7 up after 20 minutes before Knockmore managed to get the ball past centrefield and scored 4 points in the last ten minutes of the first half. Cross scored 1 in that period. At half-time, I was more hopeful that we might be able to get a goal of some sort and put a bit of a fightback into the game and make a game of it. O'Hora scored a lucky goal, deflected off a Crossmolina man's leg and went in. down to 2 points then. It was level at 2-5 to 0-11 for a while. Then Crossmolina got the last 3 points and won by 3, but it could have been so much more.

No player from Knockmore could say he had a good game I thought, while Nallen had a field day in midfield. McDonald had a good game, but I think that his Mayo days are behind him after seeing him today. Ok, he passed the ball well enough but only because Knockmore were standing off looking at him. In the dead heat of inter-county football, he needs to release the ball quicker imo.

Don't know if Cross will be happy either as they missed a lot and if they were a good team they would have won it by 10/12 points such was their dominance. Saying that though, Knockmore only lost by 3 and missed a lot as well. Still pretty p!ssed off though...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

I was happy with the result today , 14 points was good scoring and most from play . I thought played well as did mc he scored 6 points 5 from play and 3 as good as you would see scored any where dont know what more he could do farrendelin your a hard man to impress any way any day you leave knock more with a win is a good one
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

moysider

Have to disagree with Farandeelin on this one.As a neutrall I thought Mac was superb today and scored as good a points as he ever did. Almost scored what would have been a great goal as well. Still brilliantly athletic, strong and fit. Compare that to Kilcoyne. Even my Knockmore friends were dejected by his lack of interest/ability. If he s the future of Mayo football then we have nt much of a future.
  McLoughlin was very good for Knockmore and a few other lads were middling but the best players on the field [ apart from McLoughlin] were also the best players ten years ago. Mac, Nallens, Joe Keane, Moyles etc. Bit of a worry that too.

kevmy

Shrule-Glencorrib 3-7  2-15 Ballagh'

5 point defeat not good for us. If Conor was fit he might have made the difference we missed a couple of frees and didn't take our scores when we had the chance. The way we let in the Ballagh' second goal was poor. Barry Regan cleaned Kieran Conroy in the first half and Andy Moran roasted Dermot Geragthy in the second. With Breaffy flaking Kiltane by 10 points we have a major uphill battle. Need to beat the bejaysus out of Kiltane and hope an already qualified Ballagh' do us a favour against Breaffy. I suppose there is the matter of top of the table between them but I'd still prefer it if we had it in our hands.