Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

maybe we are all being had .anyone recognise the rest of his team? it looks a bit of a combined FG/GAA ticket I know the 1st 2 are GAA men what about the rest? and of course eugene
Mike Connelly, Hollymount; JJ O'Hara, Foxford; Imelda Kelly, Swinford; John Henry, Charlestown; Paddy Colleran, Charlestown; Jimmy Walsh, Claremorris; Frank Hyland, Ballindine; Paul O' Shea; Kiltimagh; Pat O'Connor, Swinford; Tom Garvey, Ballindine; Michael Sloyan, Bekan; John Kelly, Knock and PJ Hynes, Kilkelly. Local councillors Tom Connolly, John Cribbin, Eugene Lavin and Joe Mellett are also expected to be at the forefront of Mr O'Mahony's campaign.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam

People can be both FG and GAA.
Of course he'll use people from within the GAA circle for his campaign, sure these are fellas that he knows thru GAA but there was always going to be people like that to give him a hand
As far as I know JJ has been involved in politics.
Same with Pat O'connor, solicitor from swinford
Same with frank hyland
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

rosnarun

of course you can be involved in both it just im beginning to suspect its all been a ruse done for the nenfit of enda 'whats a ross port' kenny as o mahony himself hasn't a hope of being elected. celeb candidates liike this are much more about targeting a certain segment of the market and having the bulk of his handlers from the GAA would seem to prove this . very cynical

Mayo4Sam

Again i wouldn't be so cynical, JOM has been involved in FG for along time, so of course FG would put up a high profile candidate to try and get the 3rd seat. And of course he's going to use his GAA connections its an election, he'll want every vote.
I wouldn't say ur cynical rather than naive if u think FG, enda kenny and JOm will do everything they can.

As for enda kenny not mentioning rossport, hardly surprising, i assume they have the same line as FF, a la bertie's "its not the time for talking its the time for building" comments.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Well for the benefit of Mayo football I hope he doesn't get a seat. It'd mean more time spent training the squad and preparing for matches. i don't think he will get in though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

OkeyDoke

Mayo squad are meeting with JOM on Sat morning

rosnarun

QuoteAgain i wouldn't be so cynical
when it comes to politics are you for real?

as for the Gas swap howth for rossport do  you think thant might change berties mind. basic facts are o manhony is being run as a sweeper to pick up the east mayo and general disaffected GAA Vote without any propect of being elected as with some many of Kennys Ideas a stunt

towinjustonce

it's all beginning to happen. I'd say the likes of Nallen, Brady, O'Neill can be encouraged to stay on for another year. Though the training regime the JOm will put in place will be a step or two up from the M&M reign, so expect lots of blood, sweat and tears.

As for Johnno getting elected. I'd say he'll pull 3,000 - 4,000 first preference votes by virtue of who he his and where he's coming from - but his transfers will elect John Carty. East Mayo will vote East Mayo.

Cnocmore - where did the handle Farrandellin come from?  

Barney

I do think the fact that he is manager may count against JOM come election day. Of course there are blueshirts who will stay blue and FFers who will stay true to their cause. But if you were sitting on the fence on the issue and are a Mayo GAA supporter and ask yourself what is in the best interests of Mayo football? I don't think having him in the Dail is the answer.

muscles magoo

Quote from: Barney on November 30, 2006, 01:40:27 PM
I do think the fact that he is manager may count against JOM come election day. Of course there are blueshirts who will stay blue and FFers who will stay true to their cause. But if you were sitting on the fence on the issue and are a Mayo GAA supporter and ask yourself what is in the best interests of Mayo football? I don't think having him in the Dail is the answer.

I don't know Barney. How about we elect him on the basis that he forgets about the whole Dail business save for drawing down his salary and expenses and channels all his time into the Mayo job. Saves a ball of money for the County board as the taxpayer will be stumping up Johnnos 'mileage expenses' and we have a full time dedicated manager/director of football for the next five years. If we like what we see, we'll re-elect him in 5 years time (thereby taking another decision from the CB). Sure 4 working TD's will do us grand anyway, we don't really need a fifth and with this type of package available we will be guaranteed to attract the very best of home grown talent to the job for years to come....

rosnarun

who me paranoid?. eho said that?

its all a ruse O mahony will get expenses from leinster house for travelling to dublin and then expenses to comeback down from the county board!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: towinjustonce on November 30, 2006, 11:16:35 AM
Cnocmore - where did the handle Farrandellin come from?  

It's the little townland where I live. At least I think it's called a townland!

smelly fairy

Farrandeelin- that would sound a little like "Fear an Daoilin", which would have Crossmolina connotations dare I say.. Just a thought.. Stew on it!! ;D

Farrandeelin

Fearann Dílín smelly fairy. And such work over my new login name!! ;)

smelly fairy

Ah feck literal translations, no escaping the fact that it sounds like you're an out an out Crossmolina man with maroon blood, can see you catching your breakfast down by Deel Castle..