(Spoilers)Making a Murderer - for those who have watched all 10

Started by PadraicHenryPearse, January 04, 2016, 08:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_The_Tank

Has anyone been watching season 2 - have watched 5 episodes of the 10 so far - Zellner is very good.  The Dassey interviews are still shocking to watch.  How he was allowed in that interview room by himself probably haunts his mum a lot. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Minder

Haven't started season 2 yet but I am convinced Avery is guilty
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Just finished season 2. Some of the evidence that was withheld was mad. I still can't decide about Avery but Dassey should never of spent one day in jail never mind the years he has been there.

Gabriel_Hurl

Frank_The_Tank

Agree on Kratz.  I think Avery lawyer is due to lodge all her appeal evidence on 20th December so will be interesting to see how that goes.  Dassey case the Supreme court refused to hear so I think his only chance of getting out could rely on Avery getting out.

I see also there is a show coming out next year convicting a murderer from the prosecution point of view.  Will be interesting to watch it with an open mind and see if things appear different.  It all most still be terrible for the Halbach family though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Rois

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 31, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Jaysus - that Ken Kratz is an awful aul ****
Isn't he just. He is a sleazebag who loves the camera.

I just don't know what to think about it all - Dassey sure doean't seem in any way guilty. And Avery is so dense that I can't believe he had the sense or ability to carry out the crime but moreso continue with his story for so long. He believed that ex-fiancée would actually marry him??

Minder

Quote from: Rois on October 31, 2018, 08:52:24 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 31, 2018, 08:00:26 PM
Jaysus - that Ken Kratz is an awful aul ****
Isn't he just. He is a sleazebag who loves the camera.

I just don't know what to think about it all - Dassey sure doean't seem in any way guilty. And Avery is so dense that I can't believe he had the sense or ability to carry out the crime but moreso continue with his story for so long. He believed that ex-fiancée would actually marry him??

Animal cunning, you see it the world over. Below is a good article -

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/making-a-murderer-netflix-picks-up-the-story-of-steven-avery-v8vt76xh3
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

Hard to tell. Lots of doubt raised in season 2 again regarding Averys guilt, plus you still feel bad for Dassey at times then again you cant ignore all the stuff he said, can you? I understand they portray him as young and dumb, but surely it takes a mulitude of techniques to get answers out of a suspect; they are not simply going to get anywhere ever by simply asking someone if they did it and leave it at that once an alleged suspect obviously denies an allegation.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Baile Brigín 2

The second series is very different, interesting but not gripping.

The Dassey half basically saw the state prove that he wasnt coerced and no law broken. He is in for the duration.

Avery was much more nuanced. Although we saw one side the forensics seemed open and shut. Mad they cant get it revisited, really looks like the two lawyers ballsed up masdively in the original trial. But they dont have her budget.

The revelations about Dasseys brother were scary. But are we 100% they couldnt be Brendans searches?

nrico2006

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 31, 2018, 11:05:55 PM

The Dassey half basically saw the state prove that he wasnt coerced and no law broken. He is in for the duration.

Avery was much more nuanced. Although we saw one side the forensics seemed open and shut. Mad they cant get it revisited, really looks like the two lawyers ballsed up masdively in the original trial. But they dont have her budget.

The revelations about Dasseys brother were scary. But are we 100% they couldnt be Brendans searches?

Was thinking the same regarding the user of the computer - Zellner is adamant that it was Bobby who performed the searches doesnt say how.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

MoChara

I haven't made my mind up on Avery yet, I'd have to go back over the stuff I read online that the doc didn't put on. My impression after the first season was Avery was guilty and the cops doctored the scene to try and make the case beyond doubt, ultimately ballsing it all up and convoluting the whole thing.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 31, 2018, 11:21:53 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 31, 2018, 11:05:55 PM

Was thinking the same regarding the user of the computer - Zellner is adamant that it was Bobby who performed the searches doesnt say how.

I read an article with zellner and it had the following:

"These searches have been isolated to times when only Bobby Dassey was home. Although there was only one user account on the Dassey computer, the relevant searches occurred during times when Bobby Dassey was alone in the house. While Bobby worked nights and was home during the day on weekdays, all of his family members either attended high school or worked the day shift."

Milltown Row2

Finished it and still none the wiser with their guilt...

Too many f**k ups and inconsistencies from both sides to get an overall opinion.. the level of alleged collusion by the cops looks to be unreal in real time to commit, as for Dassey, whether he was coerced by police or Avery he's in big trouble unless Avery gets out!

Poor people have no chance in the states if they get on the wrong side of the police in terms of getting shafted, once convicted you'll not get out even if someone else admits guilt!

Watched innocent man on Netflix, John Grisham is in it. Frightening stuff than was allowed to go as investigators go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea