Name your three favourite songs by... [Neil Young]

Started by AustinPowers, November 30, 2023, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: AustinPowers on April 09, 2024, 06:48:29 PMReady for another?

Suggestions welcome
Neil Young
Like a Hurricane
Cortez the killer
Harvest

Ronnie

I wouldn't be a massive Neil Young fan but got into him around the time of his MTV unplugged (incidentally Nirvana's absolute classic was around the same time).  Anyway my 3 favourites would be:

Like a Hurricane
The Needle & the Damage Done
Rockin' in the Free World

weareros

Home Home on the range (cover of folk song)
Four Strong Winds
Long May You Run

AustinPowers

Dont know Neil Young's  stuff that well , but I don't mind Harvest Moon and  Heart of  gold , but I really have to be in the right  mood to listen to them.

Why do I  picture Homer Simpson when I see   Keep on Rockin in the free world mentioned ? Did he sing that once?

red hander

Quote from: weareros on April 11, 2024, 11:00:39 PMHome Home on the range (cover of folk song)
Four Strong Winds
Long May You Run

Four Strong Winds is a cover too, brilliant song.

Like A Hurricane
Only A Dream
Welfare Mothers

Saw him live in Belfast few years back, awesome gig, you could see he was up for it.

J70

Hard to narrow it down.

Powderfinger
Winterlong
Like a hurricane
Long may you run
Pocahontas
Be the rain
Tired eyes

Ronnie

I saw him with Pearl Jam at the RDS in 1995.  Full rock-out

Puckoon

For a man who's voice I struggle with, I still love his songs. His affiliation with Pearl Jam is awesome as well

Ohio
The Needle and the Damage Done
Old Man

Honorables:

Hey Hey My My
Cinnamon Girl
Throw your hatred down (PJ featuring NY)

Applesisapples

Neil Young like Dylan has written so many good tunes, hard to pigeonhole him in a genre, he was grunging long before Grunge, his country stuff is awesome as well. Not a classic guitarist he none the less knows how to get it done. Check out Cortez the killer great guitar intro and a telling commentary on the invasion of the Americas by Europeans.