The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

33-1 - towards rear, ridden after halfway, kept on straight opened 25/1
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

Well, I did say not to back it, who would back a horse sitting down waiting for the start of a race?

Manilou on Saturday, Royals on Sunday, Laois for Leinster and Councillor Hickey to loose his seat in the next election?

Square Ball

what the going at the minute in Punchestown?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bcarrier

Mr Hardy best price 4/1 2:30 epsom.

Louth Exile

Quote from: bcarrier on June 02, 2007, 08:59:36 AM
Mr Hardy best price 4/1 2:30 epsom.

Irish Jig is in the same race and will like the bit of cut in the ground and is not going over to make up the numbers, but at best price 11/2 might be a bit skimpy
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Square Ball

what race is it running in?

Bud Wiser

8.20 at Kilbeggan.

Verschoyles Lad in same race but I'm on Manilou.

Anyone know how you get the SP for a horse running at Naas on Saturday?

Hardy

Is it early prices you're after Bud? You probably won't find prices on a meeting like that until the day,  or Betfair the day before - www.betfair.com. Otherwise, you could always ask for a price in a shop or on the phone. I don't know if most of them would accommodate you unless it was for a substantial amount but you're probably better anyway to wait until the day and get on early if you think there'll be a lot of money for it. www.oddschecker.com is great for checking out who's offering the best prices.

tyroneboi

hitzelsperger

they could have pulled a man out of the crowd today to  ride Authorised and it would have still won...simply awesome horse!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bud Wiser

You mean you just barely got it by 5/1.  I'm in the bed having a rest and I was standing up on it shouting, I'd say the neighbours thought someone was giving the wife a hard time with "Go on, for fcuks sake go on...."  Best I could get was 6/1.

Should have been dead heat looking at the photo?

AZOffaly

Good man Bud, fair play. I thought he was going to be scripting another apology for a while, but he got up very well.

Bud Wiser

QuoteGood man Bud, fair play. I thought he was going to be scripting another apology for a while, but he got up very well.

He'll be walking around the stables with the head up in the air now for another week or two full of himself and demanding days in the swimming pool before Galway.  The jockey did a good job, see him switching the whip coming round the last furlong and lashing him out of it?  That's where the problem has been, he would never quicken on the run in.  AT least we got back a few bob from our loss at Punchestown.

Liefly was in amomng horses bought for £200,000 in Leopardstown and not just one, but a few of that calibre so Tiochfaid his La! He even pissed off a few of the big boys who didn't run as well but was out of his dept on his first attempt.  Wait 'till he starts headbutting the door of the starting stalls wanting to get out instead of wanting to sit down!

Square Ball

Bud, your a gent 6/1 in Eastwoods earlier on   ;D