Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Just on the Rashford comments, I think that the Euro final loss had a big effect on him, Sancho, Shaw and Maguire. Kane at Spurs springs to mind as well.
England win that match and I think you see different players at this stage of the season.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Armagh18

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on December 06, 2021, 05:21:28 PM
Just on the Rashford comments, I think that the Euro final loss had a big effect on him, Sancho, Shaw and Maguire. Kane at Spurs springs to mind as well.
England win that match and I think you see different players at this stage of the season.
Good point as they have all been shite this year but there are definitely good footballers there. Sancho showing more lately to be fair.

Cunny Funt

Aston Villa at home in 3rd round of the FA cup which is one of only 3 all Premier league ties.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 06, 2021, 07:33:28 PM
Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on December 06, 2021, 05:21:28 PM
Good point as they have all been shite this year but there are definitely good footballers there. Sancho showing more lately to be fair.

You could say out of the whole England team only Rice has picked up where he left off.

NAG1

I don't give a toss what Rashford says, this level of performance and effort level was there for most of last season too.

Last year we were told he was playing through injury and he would come back fresh and raring to go this season, he has not kicked on in any shape or form and if he was not an Engerland player he would be getting called out a lot more.

Hoping some of the fringe players can get some game time in and start get more used to the new system.

Boycey

Harsh....

Played all of last season injured, poor although from limited opportunities in the summer ending with the fallout from missed penalties. He has had his operation since missing the first couple of months of the season so it's hardly surprising he's not where the rest of them are in terms of match fitness, sharpness etc....

The modern media just presents poor performance as poor attitude or effort when there may be other factors. I think he'll be ok...

NAG1

Boycey Im not the media  :D

I am just calling what i have seen from him this season, body language is terrible, loses the ball no intent to win it back or work hard. Caught offside countless times.

It might be harsh but its not like he is a kid any more, he is a full international player and I just think because of who he is and what he has done he gets a by ball for too much.

Boycey

Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2021, 10:19:16 AM

I am just calling what i have seen from him this season, body language is terrible, loses the ball no intent to win it back or work hard. Caught offside countless times.

It might be harsh but its not like he is a kid any more, he is a full international player and I just think because of who he is and what he has done he gets a by ball for too much.

And there's no chance it's not just being him two months behind everyone else like? No, he's just not trying? It's lazy analysis perpetuated by the media most players go in and out of form all the time...

Armagh18

Quote from: Boycey on December 08, 2021, 10:54:48 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 08, 2021, 10:19:16 AM

And there's no chance it's not just being him two months behind everyone else like? No, he's just not trying? It's lazy analysis perpetuated by the media most players go in and out of form all the time...
But he just looks like he's not trying and is jogging/walking most of the time. Hope he kicks back into gear soon.

Boycey

Ah maybe I'm just naive... Very modern phenomenon, player plays bad he's not trying. There are no other possible reasons. I've seen nothing in his character thus far in his career to suggest that would be the case.

He has been poor for a good while though

Cunny Funt

Manchester Evening News has reported that Ronaldo among others is given the night off. A possibility of 11 changes to the starting team from Sunday. Probably starts for the likes of Mengi and Elanga. Matic to captain the side.

Six academy players might be on the bench tonight Bjorn Hardley, Charlie Savage (son of Robbie) Charlie Wellens, Zidane Iqbal, Shola Shoretire and Sam Mather

tiempo

Quote from: Boycey on December 08, 2021, 11:05:25 AM
Ah maybe I'm just naive... Very modern phenomenon, player plays bad he's not trying. There are no other possible reasons. I've seen nothing in his character thus far in his career to suggest that would be the case.

The main phenomenon is probably that he just isn't the baller some claim. The hype phase is well and truly over and he should be maturing into a leading man now, the new Oxlade-Chamberlain me thinks.

Boycey

Quote from: tiempo on December 08, 2021, 04:57:10 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 08, 2021, 11:05:25 AM

The main phenomenon is probably that he just isn't the baller some claim. The hype phase is well and truly over and he should be maturing into a leading man now, the new Oxlade-Chamberlain me thinks.

Is that's the case fair enough, I'm still actually undecided on him myself... But that's a whole other ball game than saying he's not trying.

Boycey

I think Robbie Savage is on BT commentary tonight, be some buzz for him if his lad got on for a few minutes....

Milltown Row2

Seen McKenna has stayed on in the coaching dept
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea